Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield for Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:14 PM
url8
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Windshield for Deluxe

Fellow Deluxe owners I have a question. I have a 2007 Deluxe with the Low Profile Smoked windshield Part # 57141-05. My question is I would like it a couple of inches lower and MUCH DARKER and have seen these. Can you replace the glass on the same Harley Hardware or are these other folks running a whole different rig?

Thanks,

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Attached Thumbnails Windshield for Deluxe-windshield.jpg  
Old 09-29-2008, 02:58 PM
creb
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I only have a bad cell phone pic right now. I got this from Cee Baileys. They have replacement plastic, but its way better than the HD stuff and i got it in the darkest tint.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/flstn05up_ws.html

Attached Thumbnails Windshield for Deluxe-photo.jpg  
Old 09-29-2008, 06:36 PM
url8
Road Master
Default Windshield

Originally Posted by creb
Sorry, I only have a bad cell phone pic right now. I got this from Cee Baileys. They have replacement plastic, but its way better than the HD stuff and i got it in the darkest tint.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/harley/flstn05up_ws.html
Creb thanks so much that is EXACTLY what I want. Is your the 2" or 4 " shorter??

Old 09-29-2008, 07:07 PM
doghair
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by url8
Creb thanks so much that is EXACTLY what I want.
+1 big time.

Gratitudus extremus

Old 09-29-2008, 08:09 PM
edeluxe07
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same HD windshield on my bike. now..thanks for the link...it will save a bunch of $$ when I get ready to replace...I think the 16" would be a perfect height.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:30 AM
creb
Advanced

I went with the 4 inches shorter. With my new seat, its actually a bit too short i think. You wont be disapointed though. I was amazed how cheap and flimsy the HD plastic is when you take it off of the brackets. This new plastic is what they put in airplanes. It directs wind much better and reduces that warped vision some as well. Good luck!

Old 09-30-2008, 12:35 AM
creb
Advanced

oh btw... my original plastic is the tall version. I'll trade someone for the stock "low profile" height if you're interested in it as second option. When i had it on, it was so tall i didnt even need sunglasses on the freeway. Unfortunaly, its right in the middle of my line of sight and messes with my vision so its of no use to me. I like my super low one, but wouldnt mind another height option for a really long ride.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:27 AM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Creb, Are you getting any helmet buffeting from that lower shield? I'm 6'5" and have the standard height Nostalgic and with my stock seat on my FatBoy I was getting wind on the helmet, then I put my C&C Sport Tour seat on (which lowers me) and now I'm looking just a bit thru the windshield. I'm afraid if I went to the lower profile it would be to short. Cutting the standard down a inch or so may be the way to go

Old 09-30-2008, 11:18 AM
creb
Advanced

I'm 6'1 and i get buffeting at this height. people say you want to be looking just barley over it. It's a hard thing to dial in. The short one of mine is still good for reducing wind at medium speeds (backroads), but its not great for freeway riding with a half helmet.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:37 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by creb
I went with the 4 inches shorter. With my new seat, its actually a bit too short i think. You wont be disapointed though. I was amazed how cheap and flimsy the HD plastic is when you take it off of the brackets. This new plastic is what they put in airplanes. It directs wind much better and reduces that warped vision some as well. Good luck!
I believe hds windshields are polycarbonate which would make them stronger than acrylic. But maybe their extra thickness makes up for it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsls5ZPCUnE

Quick Reply: Windshield for Deluxe