Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It has come to this...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 03:09 PM
lanceropolis
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It has come to this...

So I went in to my dealer fully expecting to ride out on a Nitetrain. But then I sat on a Heritage. So now I have a conundrum. I am getting a 2009, to keep for at least 10 or so years, and I am going in between the overall look of the Nitetrain, and the feel of the Heritage. Here is what I am thinking, and please give me feedback...

If I look five years down the road, what will I want more, a bike that is very versatile with what you can do with (the heritage) or just a bad *** bike. I think the Heritage is more practical, as it would be my main vehicle for a few years, but am I thinking right??? Let me know!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 03:25 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

If your using it as your main vehicle then get the Heritage because I'm sure you will want saddle bags and a windshield and if you put those on the night train then it won't look badass anymore. I would have a look at a Deluxe if I were you.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:29 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By George, I think you've got it..
For long term, I feel the Heritage is the way to go. That's a whole lot of time ahead of you and who knows, you may end up planning some long trips. ie Sturgis & Out of state Rallies etc.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heritage.....and I think they look pretty bad *** too.....in a classic, vintage American Motorcycle sort of way. Easy ride around town, great open road cruiser, fun in the countryside....it and the RK are probably the most versatile bikes Harley makes.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:57 PM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Go with what you want. I have a standard and have ridden out of state for 10 hrs. in a day. You can make the trains more comfortable and they can still look badass. Screw the bags and just tie the luggage to the bitch bar unless of course if you have a passenger. Just my opinion, but do as you please.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

I am on a DELUXE and have to say for comfort and what I wanrt it rings the bell. In my younger years I had a lot of British bikes and a sporter or two. I AM 63 I would say a
softtail is better for me!! U ride U decide!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I would rather have something that looks bad ***. i would be willing to compromise some practicality for looks.

Remember people usually give compliments like "your bike looks bad *** man" not "your bike looks really comfortable/practical".

lol

Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think penicillin will cure that conundrum deal if you don't have a really bad case of it.

In three years, you'll probably trade for a bagger anyway so get what you like the best.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:32 PM
NixonWho
Tourer

I am on a Night Train and your thinking is so correct; you really need to think about what is your main purpose of your motorcycle. Here is my suggestion to you. If you are planning to ride your bike on more of a local scale, few times a week, and not really go far more than 150 to 200 miles on a trip. Get the Night Train. But, if you are really going to ride every single day and travel across the states or even go on a weekend trips, definetly get a Heritage.

Old 10-01-2008, 04:38 PM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 244 Posts

I love the looks of a bad *** bike, but I also like some comfort. Either way you go you will always wonder what if I had the other. Just go for what moves you at the time.

Quick Reply: It has come to this...