Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with detachable windshield

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:56 PM
William_86
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with detachable windshield

Hello. im trying to help my friend who rides a 02 softtail with fatboy front end. he just bought an used windshield off a fella but it came without the mounting hardware. well we need some kind of spacers where it fits. right now we dont have a picture of our own windshield. but searching the forums i found this picture and its the same windshield: here is the pic

well im here to ask for some details on the mounts that have to be installed on the bike. we are in mexico and buying the parts from mother hd is pretty hard as no local hd dealer and parts take ages to arrive. we have a friend who has a lathe and he will build what we need.

please if you have close pics and measurements would be highly appreciated.

thanks a lot in advance

kind regards. William
safe riding.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:14 PM
Deluxechuck
Tourer

I have the same windshield on my 07 Deluxe. Just go to the HD website and search under Softail then windsheild and it will come up. Click on the one that you have and it will tell you what the part number is for the mounting hardware you need. Did mine over a year ago. I usually save the tag that has the part numbers on it, but I looked in the garage and couldn't find it for the mounting hardware.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:04 AM
William_86
Stage IV

we wanna build the mounting hardware. just need some pictures can you help me with that?. its pretty hard for us to get parts from US. as they dont send to mexico. and mexican hd dealers... just suck.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 AM
wallyn
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a simple angled chrome hanger and rubber grommets. The windshield sits in the grommets.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

and mexican hd dealers... just suck.

The same people must own the one in my town in Florida.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:58 PM
William_86
Stage IV

we have the rubber grommets but when we line it up with the fork. it is 2 wide. we thought ¡t should have come with spacers or maybe that windshield is for another year. his bike is a softail standard with fatboy front end. we dont konw what year came it from :\ we built a set of spacers. 2 cms for the lower moutns and 2.5cm for the upper mounts. well test it tomorrow. if it works then we will have to figure out how to lock it. thats why we're asking for closer pics. those at hd.com are not helpful as it shows the windshield installed but how how you install it.