Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ape Hanger Package on e-Bay

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Ridiculous
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ape Hanger Package on e-Bay

i'm not sure if i'm supposed to post things about ebay, its just for informational purposes though. no big thing i hope.

but i found this 1 1/4" ape hanger package on ebay for $569.95 and it says it comes with:
the bars
chrome master cylinder
chrome switch housing
chrome clutch bracket
chrome handle bar clamps
chrome levers
chrome mounting hardware
chrome switch caps
and SS braided clutch cable, throttle/idle cables, brake line

anyone have any experience with this what so ever? and what's your take on it? i'm considering buying it if all looks good cause i wanna go taller apes on my softail custom and it seems this would deffinatly be the way to go!

here's the address to the ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-1-4...mZ120311300661

Old 10-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Blackrock
Novice

I ordered the same set in 14" bars not too long ago. The guy was a pleasure to deal with. Here they are on my 2007 Fatboy. Took about a week and a half to two weeks to come in. I installed them myself, and the package came with everything I needed. They picked all the cable lengths and they were right on with they're sizes. The cables look good but I have seen nicer ones. They are Motion Pro brand. They came pre-wired with the controls mounted, nicely wrapped for shipping.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/members/68112-blackrock-albums-1190-2007-fatty.html

Last edited by Blackrock; 10-03-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:06 PM
05 HD Deluxe
Tourer

I guess it would depend on the quality of each item. Is the bend of those apes satisfactory to you.
Find out who makes the parts.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:10 PM
phrogflyer
Road Master

you get what you pay for when it comes to bars. i do not have experience with this particular package, but i went the cheap route on some buffalo drag bars and they were not straight, tilted just a bit to the right. find out who makes the parts. if it's generic bars, i would stay away.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Blackrock
Novice

The bars are Wild1's Chubbies.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

My son used them for his 07 Wide Glide. Good parts except for the cables. They began to look rusted from the inside after a few months.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:34 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Blackrock
I ordered the same set in 14" bars not too long ago. The guy was a pleasure to deal with. Here they are on my 2007 Fatboy. Took about a week and a half to two weeks to come in. I installed them myself, and the package came with everything I needed. They picked all the cable lengths and they were right on with they're sizes. The cables look good but I have seen nicer ones. They are Motion Pro brand. They came pre-wired with the controls mounted, nicely wrapped for shipping.
Yup, what he said.
That's where I got mine also, nice stuff. Take the advice of those that have them, where else are you gonna get the bars, chrome controls and switches, and SS cables all ready to go for that kind of money. I've received plenty of complements on mine.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Ridiculous
Advanced

hey thanks guys, i think i'll get em. and i thought the same thing rabbit, where else can you find the right cables, internal wires, and all the chrome controls for that dough.

i priced several of the parts seperatly from HD and so far its over $900, freakin crazy!

and besides, you could always swap out parts later right!

Old 10-03-2008, 10:48 PM
donr101395
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Hill Country are good guys to deal with, they'll give you the same deal also if you just call them on the phone, plus they'll answer any questions you have. I've got some 16s waiting in my shop for me to install.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
My son used them for his 07 Wide Glide. Good parts except for the cables. They began to look rusted from the inside after a few months.
Could have been the cable lube he used, if you use the wrong stuff it'll seep through the SS lining making it look rusted. Mine still look like brand new.

Quick Reply: Ape Hanger Package on e-Bay