Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Paint Colors

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Default Harley Paint Colors

WHY is HD so stinky and jerkoff about paint? It is impossible to get paint codes or proper paint to fix your bike.
I LIKE the color of mine and don't want to change it but cannot get paint or the code to have it mixed to repair a dented rear fender.
A 2x4 fell over in the garage and put a nice dent in my back fender. I want to replace or repair it but can't get the paint in my color?
It leaves me to have to repaint the whole damned bike because Harley is so Chicken Sh*t about the paint.

Pisses me off that they are this way over "paint".

Old 10-04-2008, 04:05 PM
reh13
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ask my dealer about getting paint a while back, and they told me no problem. I guess I better ask again to see if things have changed.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:06 PM
psdj52
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You can always send the fender back to Harley to paint. My brother had an accident last year and over the winter harley had to repaint his front fender.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:11 PM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

I chipped a tiny tiny piece of my pin-stripe on my 07 custom, went to my dealership for a touch up pen..............NO HOPE CHUM

Old 10-04-2008, 06:55 PM
conroskie
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some auto parts stores have a scanner that can read the mixture of the paint. My paint guy refered this to me and had my 03 Heritage came up as a 1992 volkswagen silver on the Sterling silver side (Dupont paint). I took the code to him and he mixed me up a half quart. He touched up the ding in my fender by hand for now but I'm going to have him repaint and clear it this winter. I think it cost about 25 bucks for the paint, and the scan was free. If you do this you need a very flat surface for the scanner to read from. To do this I had to loosen my dash and remove my tank bib and scan the lower tank area. All the other areas didn't give it a 100% acurate reading.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:27 PM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

My paint guy matched the paint perfectly. Any good painter should be able to match the paint for you.

Old 10-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

bro, i had no problem getting paint from the stealer for my blue Rocker

Old 10-04-2008, 10:50 PM
ST Deuce
Tourer

i actually just got a touch up paint kit from a dealer in the chicago burbs. i did have to call three different dealers. only one had it in stock, but the others said they could order it.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:21 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Go to any automotive paint supplier or jobber - Sherwin-Williams (go to their automotive store, not the house paint store), PPG, DuPont, Sikkens... most of the paint companies have the formulas to match your Harley paint, or, they can come up with a match for you.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:04 AM
RockinA
Advanced

Originally Posted by RockerMike
My paint guy matched the paint perfectly. Any good painter should be able to match the paint for you.
+1... my rear fender for my rocker just had the plate holes welded and painted. Guy matched it up perfectly. Not sure where you live (other than "in a house"), so maybe its just a regional/ dealer BS.

Quick Reply: Harley Paint Colors