Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demo Days

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Demo Days

Went out today in the beautiful weather, just to cruise around and go wherever...you know...one of those days.....

One of the local dealers was having a demo day shindig so I stopped by for a few hours. I rode a Nightster, VRod, and an SE/UC.

Nightster: I've always like the looks of these and thought it might be a fun bike for around town. As soon as I got on, it was too small for me. The pegs were under me like my dirtbike. Unfortunately the ride was a group ride, down the road, out on the interstate, and back. Holy crap, I was hanging on for dear life, and the seat sucked. Bike was not for me. Maybe with forward controls, a different seat, and just bopping around town, but no way for the kind of riding I do.

VRod: Much easier ride than the sporty. Felt nice but was a little weird with the controls forward. Lot's of power and I wish I could have explored it but was restricted with the group ride thing. This is a much better choice for a fun bike.

SE/UC: Seemed a little heavier than my Heritage and I had to muscle it a little more, but overall a nice ride. I like the stereo and how it would change volume depending on speed. I didn't notice any additional power from the 110 over my Heritage, but as with the other rides I was hobbled by the group dynamic. It had a backrest and I WANT one of those. I actually felt more buffeting of my helmet at highway speed than I do on my Heritage.

Conclusion: I knew before that I made the right choice and now I'm certain of it. The Heritage just fits me perfectly, rides beautifully, looks great and handles so easy. I enjoyed trying the other bikes, but sure was glad to get back on mine...it was like coming home. The Ultra did ride just a tiny bit better out on the interstate, but nowhere near enough difference to make me change. Might sing a different tune after a 600+ mile day though, but I doubt it.

Fun day....I think I'll order a pizza now.....

Old 10-04-2008, 07:48 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for sharing.
I have the mustang seat and driver backrest. Fantastic! Wifey really likes the passenger seat and backrest too.

Old 10-04-2008, 11:05 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I have tried them all past 2 years demo ride, Softail seems to fit me the best LOL.