Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the best after market seat for a Deuce

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:04 PM
FXSTD.AU
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What is the best after market seat for a Deuce

I'd like to switch my stock Deuce seat for a leather after market seat, preferably one with a flatter shape so my butt doesn't fall asleep on trips of 150+ miles (the stock Deuce seat curves upward at the rear and the outside of the seat is quite flat and not rounded off).

I don't want a touring seat (like the Sundowner), i want to retain the street cruiser styling. Anything that moved me back an inch or so from the stock position would also be good.

What have people gone with, is it more comfortable, and whats the best value for money opion in a black leather finish? Could i continue to use my HD sissybar (looking at the Corbin Gunfighter, i think that would still be possible).

Last edited by FXSTD.AU; 10-06-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:03 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Lady and Gunfighter. Installed it before I went to the Milwaukee 105th. Rode 2,700 miles round trip without any issues. You can still use the OEM Sissybar (tall) and luggage rack. I also used the small OEM padded back rest which was recommended for my SAC deuce luggage bag. Not sure about the Solo Gunfighter, Corbin can give you info on that. I was told by a Corbin rep that the Lady and Gunfighter would seat me lower and about an inch back but that was not the case. It did sit me lower on the bike but not any further back than my stock seat. The Corbin leather seat is of high quality and well worth the price I paid (bought it off of Ebay at half price back rest included). On the ride to Milwaukee, it saved my butt, literally(sp).

Last edited by snakeinthegrass; 10-06-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a LePera King Cobra. It fits way better than any seat I've seen, and retains the contours of the body lines of the bike. If you're not looking for a touring saddle, this is the one for you. I found it to be more comfortable than the stock seat, or the Badlander, but less comfortable than the Sundowner. The LePera KC also keeps you in more of the same position as stock, where I found the Sundowner moved me up and forward.

If you want something really nice, check out Roberti Customs. They'll make what you want, how you want, and the sky's the limit. Check my gallery for pics of my Deuce with that saddle. However, with the way I chose to have mine made, it is not quite comfortable.

I ended up resolving the long-distance comfort issue with my Deuce by buying an Ultra Classic. That solved my seating & long-distance comfort problems, and the Deuce is still a great bar-hopper.

Cannon

Old 01-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Bull_Duck
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Purchase two seats. One for dedicated touring, and one for curzing.

My Corbin big tour saddle has been good for over 55,000 miles. Now I am shifting over to a Road Glide for my long distance rides. Looking to get a cruzing saddle for my Deuce when finances allow.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Deuce Bigelow
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a mustang vintage solo w/ removable passenger pad on my '06 deuce.
I tried a Corbin and it wasn't as comfortable as the mustang.

Attached Thumbnails What is the best after market seat for a Deuce-dsc02811.jpg  
Old 04-19-2010, 01:45 PM
bdawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone try a Le Pera silhouette deluxe seat? I'm trying to decide on it, corbin, I want comfort plus OK looks.