Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nightster to crossbones!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:48 PM
roostracing
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nightster to crossbones!

Hi all...i had an 08 nightster that was pretty decked out and was pretty fast. I ended up giving in and bought me an 09 crossbones...ive been wanting a crossbones since i first seen them but i felt too obligated to my 08 nightster...anyhow...i ate a $2000 loss on my trade but i didnt know what i was missing till i rode the crossbones!! Wow...this bike is awesome...excellent ride!!! I now have the bike that i will surely keep for a long time! I had them install the rear pillion and footpegs but i didnt want to pay them the $$$ to get the detachable sissy bar on there...i wonder how hard it is for me to install the sissy bar myself? Anyhow, i am now a softail guy and wont look back!!

Old 10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
sportncruise
Road Captain

Congrats!!!
My detachable sissy bar wasn't hard. The only technical part would be cutting the rear turns and moving them back to the rear hole on the train.

Enjoy!

Old 10-07-2008, 01:14 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain

For the sissy bar you have a few options, you can get the turn signal relocation kit to fit the sissy bar, get smaller turn signals (auto gems deringers) or you can cut the sissy bar. All 3 are easy mods. The turn signal relocation kit is chrome, but can be powder coated. I have the relocation kit but I am switching to the Auto Gem Deringer lights. Keep us posted. Oh yeah post pics

Old 10-07-2008, 01:33 PM
roostracing
Cruiser

i dont mind cutting the sissy bar...i just need to know where to cut it and how much to cut? I called harley and they have everything in stock...$300 for the sissy bar, backrest pad, and docking hardware....another $40 for the directional relocation kit...theprice isnt a factor...i just dont want chrome on the bike or have to move my stock signal lights...

Old 10-07-2008, 01:53 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I spent $90.00 for the Panacia taillight with built in turn signals and just took off the rear signals. Really cleaned up the back end.

Attached Thumbnails nightster to crossbones!-0908-dragon-a-small-.jpg  
Old 10-07-2008, 09:30 PM
roostracing
Cruiser

well..got everything on the crossbones now...sissy bar was a breeze to put on...pulled out the craftsman grinder and slapped on the cut wheel...trimmed a bit off the sissy bar...fits like a glove....buying the directional relocation kit ($39) is a waste...took about 40 minutes to carefully install the sissybar, backrest pad, and trimming the sissy bar....save some money...its a no brainer!! I'm thinking i need a bigger (longer) backrest pad...the one that i have is what it calls for but is quite small??? All in all...i love this bike...it rocks!!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:14 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

post up some pics of that bad boy

Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats on the new scoot!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 AM
SAS
Tourer

Congats and ride safe!

Old 10-08-2008, 03:23 PM
roostracing
Cruiser

thanks guys...i brought it in to work today and people loved it! I need some exhaust bad but i gotta safe up the $$$ for it...i will post up some pics later on tonight

Quick Reply: nightster to crossbones!