Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panhead Rocker Covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 02:06 PM
Niddite
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my bike in for routine service at our local dealership in Leeds, and one of the salesmen said that he though my bike would look good with the panhead retro covers. I had not given them much thought really, so I did some research. I also came across a thread somewhere where someone had installed them and had problems with them leaking. I recall that the he ended up making some new gaskets instead of using the ones that came with the kit....no more leaky!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:05 PM
SAS
Tourer

They do look slick!! I had a 64 Pan and whish I never got rid of it. Was also thinking about getting the covers for the bones. I guess it all depends if you install them properly with them leaking or not.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:14 PM
eARLdEAN
Stage I
Default PanHead Rocker Box Covers

I have em installed on a '04 softail. If they are installed correctly with all cover bolts(hex head screws) torqued as sped'd with no leaks or problems at all.

I have had a lot of comments, all good, with the exception of one poser asking "If you want a Panhead why don't you buy one?" My reply was "I would if I wanted one. I'm not jazzed with thoughts of a top end rebuild every 12K miles".

Suit yourself brother. It's your ride.

Ride safe.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 PM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i looked at them once.. too much $$$$ for me.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:41 AM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

4 year old thread.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Hibrion
Cruiser

Saw a nice bobber built on an 88 Twin Cam with the panhead covers and a few other neat bits to give it an old school panhead look. The guy called it his 'twin pan'. I thought it was a great name!

Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 PM
Bloozmann
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So let me get this straight...It's OK for Harley to build retro looking bikes, but it's not OK for us to take it one step further and use the pan style rocker boxes?.. I personally like the look of anything old school.. I guess its gay to put vintage grips on our bikes as well? And all those other old school style accessories that Harley sells should be taken off the market too? Man, some people are stoooopid!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:09 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Considered them for my Slim cuz I have Pan emblems. But just didnt want added weight brought by any cover. YMMV

Old 08-25-2013, 07:07 AM
harley1005
Tourer
Default Old School Look On New Harleys

I've been riding for 52 years and have owned a few Panheads, K-Model and many Shovels. I don't see a damn thing wrong with anyone wanting to make a new model Harley look old school, with Panhead Rocker Covers, or what ever! As I see it, you then have the modern day dependability with the awesome styling of the old days. I haven't heard anyone say a damn thing about these choppers with Evo motors, or Twin Cams in them not being cool and the same with a lot of the Bobbers being built today. I am in the process of making a new Softail Slim look old school and actually I think that is what the MOCO was trying to do when they came out with this model. Ride Free and OLD SCHOOL Forever!

Attached Thumbnails Panhead Rocker Covers-photo.jpg   Panhead Rocker Covers-photo-2-.jpg   Panhead Rocker Covers-photo-3-.jpg   Panhead Rocker Covers-photo-4-.jpg  
Old 08-25-2013, 07:33 AM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

I saw a XBones that had the pan covers and it looked good. They are expensive at around $800.

Quick Reply: Panhead Rocker Covers