Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panhead Rocker Covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 06:33 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Panhead Rocker Covers

Has anyone installed the Panhead rocker covers and/or the Generator-Style cam cover by Xzotic on a Twin Cam 88 ????

Old 10-11-2008, 01:00 PM
hotrod351
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

i thought about those or the knuckle head ones but then read a post saying they are a pan, knuckle look-a-like and look gay, i would love to have a modern built true knuckle head but to much money. im sure if you check out there site it will tell you whats involved in putting them on, would look nice on your bike.

Old 10-11-2008, 02:29 PM
url8
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oleschool54
Has anyone installed the Panhead rocker covers and/or the Generator-Style cam cover by Xzotic on a Twin Cam 88 ????

Oleschool I was looking into them as the look of the pan is so clean and simple. I posted a similar thread and my god....the purists came out. Well kinda purists....you mean the ones that bolt a hypercharger and other ugly bolt on $hit and then have a "purists" opinion! I'm off on a tangent, sorry. Heres a couple of links, don't know anything about them.

On a side note, love your bike and was hoping you were tired of those seat bolts as I would love to have them!!!
Take care,

http://www.tejasthumpcycles.com/Engines/pan.htm

http://www.streetchopperweb.com/tech...ker/index.html

Old 10-11-2008, 06:07 PM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member

hotrod351, I just thought they would go along with the theme of my scooter. I don't really care if someone doesn't like them, or thinks there gay. It's my scooter and I'll do with it as I very well please. JMHO. LOL....

url8, Thanks man. If ya want some of them seat bolts get ahold of Mark DeBellis. He is a member of the forum and his email address is mjdebellis@optonline.net.

The following users liked this post:
samsquanch (09-13-2020)
Old 10-11-2008, 08:35 PM
hotrod351
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

i feel the same way oleschool54, i give a hell what anyone else thinks. like i said they would look good on your bike. i have read the site that sells them and they seem like a quality product. what id love is a new 95cu knucklehead with a 6 speed transmission, all i have to do now is win the lotto.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:59 PM
url8
Road Master

hotrod351, I just thought they would go along with the theme of my scooter. I don't really care if someone doesn't like them, or thinks there gay. It's my scooter and I'll do with it as I very well please. JMHO. LOL....

url8, Thanks man. If ya want some of them seat bolts get ahold of Mark DeBellis. He is a member of the forum and his email address is mjdebellis@optonline.net.
oleschool...emailed him, pm'd him and nothing. I'm thinking youre tired of yours and maybe you need a change!!

Old 10-12-2008, 05:59 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

I have heard... and only heard that these begin to leak after a short period. I guess you might wanna do a little research on them.

They would look real good on your scoot though oleschool.

Old 10-12-2008, 06:54 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member

lionsqrne, Thanks, and thats why I posted. I thought someone in an older post installed the rocker covers, but can't find it. Alot of money to spend if they leak, buk I guess a little leakage would make them more authentic. LOL.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:44 AM
85FXWG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a bike at the cottee river bike fest in Florida yesterday that had the pan covers, it looked pretty good. The pic is out of focus but you can still see the rocker boxes.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 AM
spike95
Road Master

They'd probably look pretty good on your bike. The only time I have seen them in person was on a purple and yellow Heritage. Can you say "cheese"..... I think they might look cool on my bike too actually, but what can I say... I am a bit of a purist and I don't know if I could look an old biker in the eye with that on my bike. If you don't care about that kind of stuff, then get them.

Quick Reply: Panhead Rocker Covers