Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker seat - need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 07:31 PM
aebeid2000
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker seat - need advice

Hi there,

I just got my new Rocker and the seat is awful, I had my first ride today and loved everything about the Rocker except the seat ! I hate the seat. Anyways, I need the advice on a seat that is more comfortable and sits lower than the stock and at the same time could fit with the HD passenger seat kit (attached).

Attached Thumbnails Rocker seat - need advice-passenger-seat.jpg  
Old 10-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

did you get the Rocker C ?

Alot of guys that got the C model have switched their seats for the "regular" rocker seat. It's much more comfortable and seats 2 inches lower. There is also a thread on here about a Danny Gray seats that looks phenomenal and supposedly is pretty comfortable.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:11 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

check the threads here danny grey gotta have the best lookin seat
ive never heard anyone with a standard rock complain bout the seat
comfort level on danny grey? check the threads non
congrats welcome th rocker forums aebid2000

Old 10-11-2008, 09:39 AM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I sent my Standard Rocker seat to Mean City Cycles and had them do the Memory Foam Mod. The very back of the seat still gets you a little but it is much more comfortable and sits about 1 - 1.5 inches lower. It was well worth the $.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/motorc...php#driverMods

Old 10-11-2008, 01:41 PM
aebeid2000
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Alain
did you get the Rocker C ?

Alot of guys that got the C model have switched their seats for the "regular" rocker seat. It's much more comfortable and seats 2 inches lower. There is also a thread on here about a Danny Gray seats that looks phenomenal and supposedly is pretty comfortable.
I got the Rocker and not the Rocker C, I think I will have to search more on a more comfortable lower seat and at the same time fits with the Passenger seat that I already ordered from HD.
My main problem is that I am from Egypt and live in Cairo where I only can order online. I don't have the option of sending the seat or knowing more details except from here and other websites ! I checked a seat from Corbin but looks a bit ugly odd and it also can't fit with the back seat. Also checked heartland (beautiful) but it's for $ 1999 including a fender !!! That's too much for me.

Anyways, thank u all for your advices and cooperation and greeting from Cairo, Egypt.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:42 PM
aebeid2000
Cruiser

Originally Posted by m i k e
check the threads here danny grey gotta have the best lookin seat
ive never heard anyone with a standard rock complain bout the seat
comfort level on danny grey? check the threads non
congrats welcome th rocker forums aebid2000
I got the Rocker and not the Rocker C, I think I will have to search more on a more comfortable lower seat and at the same time fits with the Passenger seat that I already ordered from HD.
My main problem is that I am from Egypt and live in Cairo where I only can order online. I don't have the option of sending the seat or knowing more details except from here and other websites ! I checked a seat from Corbin but looks a bit ugly odd and it also can't fit with the back seat. Also checked heartland (beautiful) but it's for $ 1999 including a fender !!! That's too much for me.

Anyways, thank u all for your advices and cooperation and greeting from Cairo, Egypt.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:43 PM
aebeid2000
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RockerMike
I sent my Standard Rocker seat to Mean City Cycles and had them do the Memory Foam Mod. The very back of the seat still gets you a little but it is much more comfortable and sits about 1 - 1.5 inches lower. It was well worth the $.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:10 AM
airheads
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RockerMike

Hey Mike - Do you have any pics of your bike with the regular seat and the mods that Mean City did?

Thx