Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering a Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Lowering a Deluxe

Has anyone put a lowering kit on a Deluxe? I am trying to find a way to lower the wife about 3/4-1 1/4 inches to allow her to better flat foot the bike at stops and be able to back it up when needed.

I tried the seat route, (her seat has been "modified" 4 times and is now ruined) so I am getting a new seat and starting over. But I need to find out if the bike can be lowered safely without handiling problems.

Any ideas??

If you have lowered one, Please let me know what kit you used to do so,a nd what effect it had on handling

Thanks

Old 10-15-2008, 07:38 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

I lowered my wifes Heritage and Deluxe. I used the same kit on the rear of both but I did not lower the front of the Deluxe like I did the Heritage. The kits are sold on Ebay and that is where I got it. I only lowered the back around 1-1 1/2"s plus I modded her seat. I wouldn't suggest going as low as the shock kit will let you because it kills the ride but the amount I lowered it works great for her. She is 5'3 and flat foot with a slight bend in her knees.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:34 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi-Lo rider air ride will do the trick. http://www.hi-lorider.com/
Did this to my fatboy and it will get so low your knees will touch the ground. Easy on the go adjustability for a perfect cushiony ride. Hit the button to drop it and a short person can wheel it around like a big wheel. Lifetime warranty as well. lEt me clear I do not work for this co., jsut believe in the owner as he is really a stand up guy. Call up Aaron at (818) 203-2853 and he offers a discount for forum members.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
Hi-Lo rider air ride will do the trick. http://www.hi-lorider.com/
Did this to my fatboy and it will get so low your knees will touch the ground. Easy on the go adjustability for a perfect cushiony ride. Hit the button to drop it and a short person can wheel it around like a big wheel. Lifetime warranty as well. lEt me clear I do not work for this co., jsut believe in the owner as he is really a stand up guy. Call up Aaron at (818) 203-2853 and he offers a discount for forum members.
Looks like a nice system, but unfortunatly a bit more pricey than I want to spend. This bike has already had over so many mods that its value has more than doubled lol.

Thanks for the answer, and for the info. Its appreciated