Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so i think the stealer scammed me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default so i think the stealer scammed me...

what a surprise huh. So, I finally got my ROcker C today after being at the stealer for two weeks. I had a cone shaped air cleaner, harley race tuner, V&H BR 2-2 and Thunder MOnster Baffles installed.

Here is where I think I got scammed. The instructions that came with the Baffles indicate that they should be installed at least 6 INCHES from the end of the pipe. I told them this.....when i picked up the bike today the freaking baffles are right at the end of the pipes. the excuse they gave me was that because of the curvature of the BR 2-2 they would not be able to instal the baffles any further in the pipes. I believed them, but i don't think they are being straight with me.

any truth to this?

For you guys out there that have the V&H BR 2-2 and have the Thunder Monster Baffles installed, how deep in the pipe are yours?

Am i going to have to go back there and yell !!!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:59 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

first off... shame on your for paying for that to be put on... 2nd off... it really does not matter... I replaced the crap baffels that V&H has with BCT baffels.. much better, (baffels you went with are a good choice as well) mine sit about 2 - 3 in in the pipe... yea you can not get them too far cause of the curve of the pipe.
it is mainly for tuning... but if you download the map for it you should be fine! only complain if it pops and backfires... your golden

Old 10-16-2008, 07:09 PM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why didn't you install the exhaust and intake yourself?? Fairly easy stuff there with a lot of satisfaction from doing it yourself. Then the stealer could have did the tuner for you.

Attached Thumbnails so i think the stealer scammed me...-100_0577.jpg   so i think the stealer scammed me...-100_0585.jpg   so i think the stealer scammed me...-100_0586.jpg   so i think the stealer scammed me...-100_0589.jpg  
Old 10-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
first off... shame on your for paying for that to be put on... 2nd off... it really does not matter... I replaced the crap baffels that V&H has with BCT baffels.. much better, (baffels you went with are a good choice as well) mine sit about 2 - 3 in in the pipe... yea you can not get them too far cause of the curve of the pipe.
it is mainly for tuning... but if you download the map for it you should be fine! only complain if it pops and backfires... your golden
hey bro. i know, i know. you are right man, i should have done the install myself but bro, i don't even have a garage in my house. i don't own any tools, I'm deathly afraid to dick around with anything on the bike cause i don't want to damage anything/ or causing any kind of warranty issues. trust me i wanted to kick myself in the ***/kill one of them at the stealership when i had to fork over the $750.00 for the job.

back to the baffles. i rode the bike nice and hard as soon as i left the stealer and I got absolutely no back fire at all, the torque/response was very noticeable. My question is this, If i put my baffles 2-3 inches further into the pipe like yours are, will that make a difference in the sound i'll get out of the pipes?

here is a pic of what they look like now.

Attached Thumbnails so i think the stealer scammed me...-baffles.jpg  
Old 10-16-2008, 07:10 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

DIY, I don't trust anyone but me.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:11 PM
JRK5892
Banned

*first off i am not one to give people hell for not doing it themself... i would be out of work without people that did not do it themselves!
as far as the sound, nope... not really, if they are not cracking or nothing i would leave it... Mine look abou the same.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by JRK5892
*first off i am not one to give people hell for not doing it themself... i would be out of work without people that did not do it themselves!
as far as the sound, nope... not really, if they are not cracking or nothing i would leave it... Mine look abou the same.
you are the man, thanks bro.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:23 PM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not think anybody eas giving him HELL, sound like you might be working at one of them OVER CHARGING STEALERS JRK5892.

Attached Thumbnails so i think the stealer scammed me...-100_0577.jpg  
Old 10-16-2008, 07:27 PM
kiteman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alain, as you know, the leaflet quite clearly says 6". I had my Big City Thunder QQ baffles fitted two days ago by my mechanic. They are EXACTLY 6" from the closest point of the end of the pipes. There was no problem fitting them at all, after all, they are not all that long! The ones that come out of the V&H BR's are about 11" long and look like a cheese grater. He had to use a slide hammer to extract one of these.
Like you, I don't have many tools and would rather pay an expert to do the job properly. I had to even go buy a Torx head 45 socket just to take the damn seat off!!! I'm sure you would be like me and just LOVE to spend time working on your bike with good facilities and plenty of the right tools.
I would be asking the dealer to put them in correctly, they probably didn't even read the instructions.

Old 10-16-2008, 07:28 PM
JRK5892
Banned

nope... I run a small busn, work out of my garage doing powder coating, ground up builds, basicly EVERYTHING but heavy motor work (i do not have a dyno *but have access to one) small time company trying to do big things brother.. funny thing is, i have worked on several of the HD employees bikes at the local stealer... ha ha ha ooh well good work speaks for itself

Alain... if oyu do go back.. i would raise more hell they drilled a hole in your pipe and now have to drill another one.. chances are you will get a wistle sound from that hole now if you remove the baffel and move it us a rivet to fill it...

Kiteman, if it was a strait shot or any other pipe i would agree but the ends on the BR 2-2 is a cut... do you measure from the base or the point... i have worked personally wiht BCT tech team and was told many times that as long as they are not hanging out and are propperly secured it is all about the TUNE... if you are not getting a pop then you are tuned in right (you can also check you plugs just to be sure)

Last edited by JRK5892; 10-16-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Quick Reply: so i think the stealer scammed me...