Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I got scammed by the stealer ::UPDATE::

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool I think I got scammed by the stealer ::UPDATE::

So I spent the better part of my day today at the stealer trying to get them to install my BIg City Thunder Monster Baffles correctly, after they installed them incorrectly yesterday and tried to pull a fast one by me by telling me they couldn't do it because of the shape of the pipes.

Anyway, I showed up this morning, after speaking to Gail at Big City Thunder, and told the guys at the shop that I wasn't happy with the work they had done and that it needed to get fixed. Shockingly they were more then happy to take the bike and make the necessary adjustments and re-tune the bike. So I'm watching them work on my bike through a window and I see one of the technicians DROP A TOOL ON MY FENDER.

Well, the baffles were correctly installed (and sound even more awesome today then they did yesterday). But now there is a huge nick on the paint of my fender. I mean, this thing went so deep that you could see some sort of black paint (must be the primer). Anyway, after me going back and forth for a while with a few of the technicians and the shop manager they persuaded me to let them try to fix the nick on the paint and if I wasn't satisfied with the job they would replace my fender.

What the hell man !!!!! I can't win with these guys!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 06:53 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The squaky wheel gets the grease. No one said it would be easy, but in the end you'll get what you want. The only person who dropped a wrench on my fender is ME! LOL!

Old 10-17-2008, 07:28 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well..........damn.....

Old 10-17-2008, 07:44 PM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's the stealer we all know and hate to tolerate!!! I no longer do.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:16 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain

Just wanted to chime in on the HD dealership work that will no longern be doing work on my bike. Had a nail in my tire last weekend so took it to dealer (have tire and wheel warranty) and they replaced the tire at no charge. Got home and was going to clean the bike up a bit due to dealer leaving wheel and fender full of grease marks,and noticed my belt pulley had grooves on the outer edge which it didnt have before I took the bike down there. Come to figure out the tech installed the belt guard wrong and messed up my pulley. They are going to replace it Sat. at 9am and I will have a talk with the service mang.before any work is done. I bought a 20,000 dollar HD not a moped and I want them to treat my bike with some pride, I do. Also the wheel has 2 fairly long strips of wheel weights on both sides of the outer edges looks plum *** stupid, before it only had a small one on one side. Will definatley be doing all service work myself, these guys in my town must not give a sh#t.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I hear you brother. it's unbelieveable that all those freaking techs have bikes of their own and know how important these things are to us and how much they mean to us and they still don't care. Have no mercy with those retards !!!!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every time you hear these kinds of stories, and unfortunately there are way too may of these stories, it makes me realize how lucky I am to be able to do all of my own work.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I guess they don't use the Tank and Fender protective covers that Harley sells. I have them and always use them when wrenching around my bike....

Sorry for your misfortunes...

Mike
NY

Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member

Originally Posted by Bluesssman
Every time you hear these kinds of stories, and unfortunately there are way too may of these stories, it makes me realize how lucky I am to be able to do all of my own work.
+1 on doing my own work! I would tear someones head off for marking my bike. You pay the $50 to $80 per hour because they are suppose to have the skill and tools to do the job properly.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hear all of you's guys....Accidents happen but the mistakes the dealerships have made in this post are just plain dumb! Sounds like some of these so called techs might want to watch the Fix My Hog series of DVD's. They might learn a thing or two....And for you guys who don't do your own wrenching because you don't know how, I recommend picking these DVD's up...You'll be amazed how simple some of this stuff can be with a little direction...

Last edited by WarriorHD; 10-17-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Spelling....Of course

Quick Reply: I think I got scammed by the stealer ::UPDATE::