Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whatch the dealerships the will screw it up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 09:27 PM
09BlueRoadKing
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Whatch the dealerships the will screw it up!!!

Just wanted to chime in on the HD dealership work that will no longer be doing work on my bike. Had a nail in my tire last weekend so took it to dealer (have tire and wheel warranty) and they replaced the tire at no charge. Got home and was going to clean the bike up a bit due to dealer leaving wheel and fender full of grease marks,and noticed my belt pulley had grooves on the outer edge which it didnt have before I took the bike down there. Come to figure out the tech installed the belt guard wrong and messed up my pulley. They are going to replace it Sat. at 9am and I will have a talk with the service mang.before any work is done. I bought a 20,000 dollar HD not a moped and I want them to treat my bike with some pride, I do. Also the wheel has 2 fairly long strips of wheel weights on both sides of the outer edges looks plum *** stupid, before it only had a small one on one side. Will definatley be doing all service work myself, these guys in my town must not give a sh#t. Does anyone else have the hidious wheel weights on thier Rocker??? Would like to know before the AM cause I beleive Im going to tell them to re balance the wheel, which I beleive they should do anyway after changeing out the rear belt pulley,anyone have any comments on this???????

Old 10-17-2008, 10:01 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's sad that a few bad dealerships and a few dumb technicians will ruin it for all. Unfortunately, I think we got more bad ripoff dealerships and more dumb techs than this Earth can handle...lol...I suggest these guys go back to High School 101 Auto Mechanics and learn their trade the correct way....Don't even get me started on some of the sales techniques used....lol.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel your pain brother. it's amazing to me how much some of those people don't care and how irresponsible they could be.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:35 PM
azfathog17
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry the sh*tty wheel weights will fall off. Ask me how I know. They are held in place with double sided tape. Mine fell off the front wheel. I notice no difference without them up to highway speeds so I have not brought it to the dealer.

To add a comment about dealer service. My dealer installed a black oil filter during the 1k mi service (wtf???). They promptly replaced it with the chrome one that is supposed to be on it. I have the service manual and will be doing the services myself.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:53 PM
07FXSTC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by azfathog17
Don't worry the sh*tty wheel weights will fall off. Ask me how I know. They are held in place with double sided tape. Mine fell off the front wheel. I notice no difference without them up to highway speeds so I have not brought it to the dealer.

To add a comment about dealer service. My dealer installed a black oil filter during the 1k mi service (wtf???). They promptly replaced it with the chrome one that is supposed to be on it. I have the service manual and will be doing the services myself.
+1 My wheel weights flew off the back wheel somewhere about 5k miles ago

The front one also came off while going down the hiway, but it was a big chrome type and it hit me right in the shin...I had tears in my eyes!

BTW - I'm the only one that I let work on my bike. The guys at the dealer dont really care if the thing falls apart while doing 70 because its not their ***. You work on the bike and trust me, you'll double check OR at least if it comes apart you only have yourself to blame.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:11 AM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 244 Posts

I will always do my own service, I finally have had it with them screwing something up and it always turns out the same, somehow they manage to blame me for the problem.
So if they are going to blame me, I might as well do it myself.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:40 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You know... if MOCO would come read these forums even they would be appalled...

Then again... probably not...

Charlie D.