Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Danny Gray Custom Seat - Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:28 PM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Wargod
Hey-

I'm new to these forums. So hello to everyone.

Your bike looks sweet. Great mods on it. I just bought a 2008 Rocker C myself. I was wondering- could you tell me where you bought your saddle bag? Also, I want to get a Danny Gray seat- is there a part number you can point me to and is there a way to customize it so the stitching is in red and black? My bike is black with the red flames. Thanks for any help.
just call danny grey tell them that you want the seat for the rocker and then he can customize the seat the way you want it i had blue flames and gel put in my seat and i love it

Last edited by flyburch; 03-25-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:29 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wargod
Hey-

I'm new to these forums. So hello to everyone.

Your bike looks sweet. Great mods on it. I just bought a 2008 Rocker C myself. I was wondering- could you tell me where you bought your saddle bag? Also, I want to get a Danny Gray seat- is there a part number you can point me to and is there a way to customize it so the stitching is in red and black? My bike is black with the red flames. Thanks for any help.
Thanks for the compliment. The solo bag is from Garage Leathers and they have many styles to choose from. My Danny Gray seat is a custom seat and was made to my specifications. You can custom order a seat anyway you want it (e.g., stitching, different leather, etc).

Last edited by DragonSlayer08; 04-25-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:39 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here's my danny gray I got back last week it has the red stitching ...not on bike yet still waiting to get fenders back from paint

Old 03-25-2009, 04:24 PM
White Guy
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That's one sick seat. It's gonna look so good on your bike. You gotta be stoked..

WG

Originally Posted by tomhummer
here's my danny gray I got back last week it has the red stitching ...not on bike yet still waiting to get fenders back from paint

Old 03-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tomhummer

f...ing sweet job on that seat dude. wow !!!

Old 03-25-2009, 08:00 PM
speedsnice
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice seat Tomhummer.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:33 PM
nicoblue27
Stage I
Default rocker cuctom seat

does the custom seat fold up for the passanger seat... or is only a solo... i want a new seat for rocker c, but need passanger seat for wife, and ideas?

Old 04-25-2009, 12:37 AM
cosmopilot
Stage II

First post here! My wife and I are seriously considering getting a RC in the coming months. I went to a Harly dealer and sat on one. I'm 5'8" and my feet would not sit flat on the floor while sitting on it. This really concerns me. I should also point out, that my wife loves to ride 2up with me on occasions. 90% of my time would be solo. Therefore, after reading several posts in here, I was hoping some of you could answer a few questions for me.

1. How hard (time consuming) is it to switch from a standard rocker seat or Danny Grey seat to the RC seat? If it's only 5 to 10 minutes of my time, that solves my 1up problem.

2. With the aftermarket seat, can I still lower the bike about 1" with making it ride like a hard tail. I'm too old for my kidneys to get punched black and blue. I believe if I could lower the bike 1 more inch, I would be able to safely ride 2up with the standard trick seat.

Has anyone had to deal with these issues, and if so...what did you do to solve them?

Thanks in advance,

Cosmo

Old 04-25-2009, 06:05 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmopilot
First post here! My wife and I are seriously considering getting a RC in the coming months. I went to a Harly dealer and sat on one. I'm 5'8" and my feet would not sit flat on the floor while sitting on it. This really concerns me. I should also point out, that my wife loves to ride 2up with me on occasions. 90% of my time would be solo. Therefore, after reading several posts in here, I was hoping some of you could answer a few questions for me.

1. How hard (time consuming) is it to switch from a standard rocker seat or Danny Grey seat to the RC seat? If it's only 5 to 10 minutes of my time, that solves my 1up problem.

2. With the aftermarket seat, can I still lower the bike about 1" with making it ride like a hard tail. I'm too old for my kidneys to get punched black and blue. I believe if I could lower the bike 1 more inch, I would be able to safely ride 2up with the standard trick seat.

Has anyone had to deal with these issues, and if so...what did you do to solve them?

Thanks in advance,

Cosmo
i finally put my danny gray seat on my rocker yesterday afternoon. let me tell you the difference is night and day. it takes literally 10-15 minutes to switch out the seats, no hassle at all.
as far as riding the bike with the danny gray seat lowered one inch, you might have a bit of an issue. with the stock height and the danny gray seat on, the seat sits right over the fender so you might be touching the fender (at all times) if you lower the bike.

if you own a rocker and you want to get rid of the gap and get a seat that actually helps you stay on the bike when you are riding it then the danny gray seat is a must.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:41 AM
kylant
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Alain
i finally put my danny gray seat on my rocker yesterday afternoon. let me tell you the difference is night and day. it takes literally 10-15 minutes to switch out the seats, no hassle at all.
as far as riding the bike with the danny gray seat lowered one inch, you might have a bit of an issue. with the stock height and the danny gray seat on, the seat sits right over the fender so you might be touching the fender (at all times) if you lower the bike.

if you own a rocker and you want to get rid of the gap and get a seat that actually helps you stay on the bike when you are riding it then the danny gray seat is a must.

alain,

did you have any issues getting the seat mounting tabs to line up with the bolt holes? or did yours go on easily? mine was a pain in the a$$,, but i got it worked out

Quick Reply: Danny Gray Custom Seat - Rocker C