Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Round air cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 11:18 PM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Round air cleaner

08 Deluxe and wondering if there are there any round air cleaner mounting kits available to replace the football style without having to go to a stage 1? Just a stock for stock shape change basically.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:51 PM
monster fxstc
Banned

I don't believe you're going to get away with a round AC cover without swapping out to a AN Big Sucker or SE AC. The backplate you have on there now is the football shaped. I have not found a way and swapped out the AC on both bikes to get the round cover.

Old 10-18-2008, 05:37 AM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by monster fxstc
I don't believe you're going to get away with a round AC cover without swapping out to a AN Big Sucker or SE AC. The backplate you have on there now is the football shaped. I have not found a way and swapped out the AC on both bikes to get the round cover.
+1

Old 10-19-2008, 01:55 AM
billb7984
Advanced

Chromedome,I agree with you ,I have a 07 softail ,and I wish that I could get a round one also,I guess harley doesnt make one for us. Bill

Old 10-19-2008, 04:10 AM
jf
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

just swap out to the SE air cleaner kit there is also a SE round a/c cover. looks better in my opinion and i can now see more of the engine.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:38 AM
lexydog43
Novice

I like the Roland Sands venturi air cleaner myself. What I hope to go with on the rocker if able to and when budget allows.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:06 PM
chromedome
Road Master

Originally Posted by jf
just swap out to the SE air cleaner kit there is also a SE round a/c cover. looks better in my opinion and i can now see more of the engine.

I have V&H duals. If I swap out to the SE kit I will have increased air flow (opended up both ends). Won't I have to add a fuel pak or fuel managment system? Was trying to avoid that for now.

Old 10-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a Zippers kit here's the kink with a couple of different options http://www.zippersperformance.com/ca...=572&prod=2050

Old 10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome
I have V&H duals. If I swap out to the SE kit I will have increased air flow (opended up both ends). Won't I have to add a fuel pak or fuel managment system? Was trying to avoid that for now.
Yes you will, either a fuel pack or a SERT or a PCIII... but after spending all that money on the pipes and your ape hangers and all that other stuff youve done to your bike, why would you want to cheap out now (300 bucks) and not do things the right way?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:24 PM
chromedome
Road Master

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
Yes you will, either a fuel pack or a SERT or a PCIII... but after spending all that money on the pipes and your ape hangers and all that other stuff youve done to your bike, why would you want to cheap out now (300 bucks) and not do things the right way?
Ahhh... the answeris in the question. It is because I have spent all that money on those other things that I can't spend anything else right now. I would like a round air clenner but not enough to have to spend an additional $300 right now to have one. As it is, my wife isn't going to like the chrome brake calipers I just bought for her for Christmas. Oh...did I mention that my wife doesn't have a bike?

Quick Reply: Round air cleaner