Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LaRosa Softail spring seat Kit, Horror Story

Old 10-21-2008, 06:03 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default LaRosa Softail spring seat Kit, Horror Story

Really can not say how bad these guys are,

I waited before I post here, but I think I should warn everybody not to actually try to buy their products.

Because they never came up and said "Sorry we messed up" , they will send you emails suggesting you drill, weld, tighten, bend, whatever, but they will never acknowledge their own advertisment

"this kit will allow you to install springer seats in to your softail without any unwanted modification, forget the mess, because no drilling or welding is required.
"

B.S.

I am returning the kit as we speak, I will lose the money on the shipping, but honestly this really sucked

Check the photos,

The kit is way too wide for the softail frame (they never acknoledged that, they said 'Tighten' the screws !!!!) how can you Tighten something that is half an inch away from the frame !?

Even worse, the Seat mount screws that screws into the frame would not fit into the holes they provide ?.

If they came and said "Sorry, you need to widen the holes", "Sorry we shipped the wrong one", etc .. but I can not believe they have no ***** to come clean ..

Ok, enough .. I am just pissed.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:05 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

OH,
And for the front of the seat, they come and say "Drill the seat tab" !.

I believe I paid extra money for their kit because they stated that no drilling required ?.. I guess , I should have concluded "No drilling in the back " but you may need to drill in front not funny really but makes you wonder.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:42 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I gotta Larosa on my Crossbones...Seat kicks ***, obviously they sent you the wrong bracket I bought mine from Panhandle choppers it arrived 4 days after the payment was received. I had to butcher my stock mounts but it looks awesome. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

i can't see any of the pics. sorry about the bad experience bro.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:55 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Milty
I gotta Larosa on my Crossbones...Seat kicks ***, obviously they sent you the wrong bracket I bought mine from Panhandle choppers it arrived 4 days after the payment was received. I had to butcher my stock mounts but it looks awesome. Sorry you had a bad experience.
I got them from the same place, but obviously you are a lot more forgiving than me, when they sell you a 'bracket' that promises no welding or drilling, why did you have to butcher your stock mounts ? what if you wanted to exchange seats ?.

For a rigid, I understand, but for a softail, and a kit ?!.

PanHandle guys so far have been communicating OK, although they never allowed me to talk directly to their larosa guys.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:56 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Alain
i can't see any of the pics. sorry about the bad experience bro.
Hi Man,

Yeaa very frustrating ..

Can you see these links ?
http://ca.geocities.com/klf33@rogers.com/rosa_s.jpg
http://ca.geocities.com/klf33@rogers.com/rosa_s2.jpg

I am not sure why the pictures are not visible .

Old 10-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

i clicked on the links but no dice. it's ok bro, hope everything works out for ya

Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Milty
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought a old school 16" seat and used my stock seat hardware to mount it, some grinding and cutting and shazam kick *** seat.... 2 inch springs and it looks great.
I didn't by a "kit" just the seat.

Attached Thumbnails LaRosa Softail spring seat Kit, Horror Story-img_1399.jpg   LaRosa Softail spring seat Kit, Horror Story-img_1397.jpg  
Old 10-21-2008, 10:07 PM
travis dasher
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man sorry you had a bad experience. I have the La Rosa seat on my Bones and no problems at all. I didnt get a mounting bracket with mine, I used the stocker. I did strip the mounting holes on the bottom of the seat but re-tapped to a larger size and it is fine. I do understand your frustration though. If the add says "no welding, cutting, etc" then that is what it damn well better be. Hope things work out for you

Attached Thumbnails LaRosa Softail spring seat Kit, Horror Story-dsc00859.jpg  
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 PM
rolloffhill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by klf33
I got them from the same place, but obviously you are a lot more forgiving than me, when they sell you a 'bracket' that promises no welding or drilling, why did you have to butcher your stock mounts ? what if you wanted to exchange seats ?.

For a rigid, I understand, but for a softail, and a kit ?!.

PanHandle guys so far have been communicating OK, although they never allowed me to talk directly to their larosa guys.

From what I understand Pandhandle is Larosa and viseversa....

I dunno, I don't see a MAJOR issue here....I mean don't you have a drill to fix it to make it work? I understand that is says no drilling required, but c'mon that really looks like a non-issue that most "problem solvers" would fix instead of bitching about it....Isn't that why we have tools? To fix things??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LaRosa Softail spring seat Kit, Horror Story