Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack for bike. What kind to buy????

Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM
jokr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jack for bike. What kind to buy????

Im looking to buy a motorcycle jack. I dont want to make a mistake and buy the wrong one .Of course I need it for service and cleaning my 2007 deluxe but also want to use it as a dolly. I keep my bike against the back wall of my gararge and im sick and tired of making a 50 point turn to get it sidewards.Can you guy recomend one thank you............

Old 10-22-2008, 02:14 PM
chrome-dome-dave
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have one from sears and it works fine. If you use for a dolly just strap it down so it doesnt tip over.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the red one from Pep Boys. I think I paid 49 bucks for it and its worked out great. I've used it many times w/o any problems. If money wasn't an issue, my neighbor is a Snap-On Dealer and I would buy their lift. Absolutely not justifiable for me but nice to dream. lol

Old 10-22-2008, 02:24 PM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Sears Craftsmen Professional one (yellow one), no problems besides the fact i wanted to see how high i could jack it up, and got the bike stuck and had to snap a piece off to get it down, walked into the store gave me a new one instantly..Lifetime Warranty..

I have a few friends that have the cheaper red one, and they dont like it...they feel its not steady. Most of my friends have the yellow one now..lol.

I use it when not using my bike for awhile and in the winter while stored in the garage..highly recommend it.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:37 PM
wdg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pitbull jack the only true jack out there

Old 10-22-2008, 02:58 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spend your money once just buy a pit bull lift it is the best one i have one . I heard the j&s is a good one also

Old 10-22-2008, 04:03 PM
5speedblu
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was convinced to buy the Black Jack one when I saw it in desplay .
It had a FLH jacked up all the way the tank was in front of my face,
I am 5'8" there was a person on it rocking back & forth & side to side, of course the bike was tie straped to the lift but the lift did not tip I have one know & it is heavy tocarry when my friends borrow it they tell me it tis the best it was also $500.00 or so off thw web

'

Old 10-22-2008, 04:35 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by keno
I use the red one from Pep Boys. I think I paid 49 bucks for it and its worked out great. I've used it many times w/o any problems. If money wasn't an issue, my neighbor is a Snap-On Dealer and I would buy their lift. Absolutely not justifiable for me but nice to dream. lol
I also use the red pep boy jack and am happy with it given the price of $50. If on a budget it works fine for periodic cleaning and light duty stuff - oil changes, adding goodies... The jack does lower itself extremely fast and for me it is best to lower the bike part way, sit/straddle the bike, then lower it fully.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I have 4... 2 sears (red one) 2 harbor freight the alum one's they are AWESOME!!! the sears jack just work a bit better on the dyna's... i also have a full deck that lifts on hydrolic

Old 10-22-2008, 04:43 PM
Slipstrm
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the sears red one and I'm happy with it.
Works for both my Dyna and Softail.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jack for bike. What kind to buy????