Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for recent opinions on Cobra Fi2000R

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:04 PM
nova_SS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for recent opinions on Cobra Fi2000R

I've searched the archives. Just wondering if there are any recent reviews of the Fi2000R. I'm planning on doing the standard mods to my 08 Deluxe. Air, Exhaust. I've also read the pro's and con's in regards to the Sert, PCIII, XIED. For the money the Fi2000 seems pretty good since it does give you some adjustment capability. I'm not planning on any major engine mods.

Thanks

Old 10-31-2008, 10:21 AM
C Clamp
Cruiser

I too have been recently recommended to get a Cobra Fi2000r and a Ness Big Sucker for my wifes 01 Softail. The bike does have BG3 pipes, already. I too would be interested in hearing any reviews on it or recommendations. Pluses or minus.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:39 PM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I have not used one nor do I know anyone who has. With that said, I was just reading their site and they say some things that I don't believe to be true. What I'm talking about is in relation to the o2 based systems and their closed loop operation and abilities. What their saying may be true for a stock HD ECU but I don't think it is accurate for a TMax system with auto-tune and wide-band o2's. What does their unit cost?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:25 AM
mulch63
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nova_SS
I've searched the archives. Just wondering if there are any recent reviews of the Fi2000R. I'm planning on doing the standard mods to my 08 Deluxe. Air, Exhaust. I've also read the pro's and con's in regards to the Sert, PCIII, XIED. For the money the Fi2000 seems pretty good since it does give you some adjustment capability. I'm not planning on any major engine mods.

Thanks
I don't have the Cobra. But if memory serves I remember when I was looking into fuel management the Techlusions & Revtech DFO were about the same concept. I purchased the DFO when I bought my '08 Softail. Installed it on a stock bike and noticed a huge difference in idle and throttle response. Then a few month later I installed Stage I and just adjusted the 3 pots. Idle/secondary, accelerator pump, main as they are referred to. After a couple test runs no problems.

However the DFO eliminates the O2 sensors (cap off or remove) and I plugged the V&H pipes. I'm not sure what Cobra unit is doing there anymore. I mean I thought they have two units one to use with and without the sensors on your bike. Can't remember.

I've run the bike like this about 5500 miles and 8 months with no issues. Some folks say I may not be getting the optimum abilities of my ECM/ O2 or there are better setups. Maybe..... but for a couple hundred bucks and 1 hour, my scoot runs great and keeps up if not faster then the crew. Someday I'll look into cams and then change up. But for a basic Stage I the rest can possibly be overkill.

jim

Last edited by mulch63; 11-01-2008 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:53 AM
thumper 29
Outstanding HDF Member

I run the Cobra on mine with slip-ons, and a HD Screamin Eagle air cleaner...the tech support people have been really good and I havn't noticed any problems with it!
I get no popping with it, and the only problem I did have was fuel usage...a small adjustment
with tech support help and it was done fuel is lot better....part of the problem is with my right wrist now because I actually have some noise and like to hear it!

I have kept eye on plugs every 400 miles and they look like everything it burning as it should!