Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Messed Up My PC III

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:21 PM
newdep332
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Messed Up My PC III

I noticed that my PC had came loose and was banging around behind the mud flap. If some of the face plate buttons got pushed how do I know if the map got messed up?

Do I need to re-load the map sent with it by Fuelmoto? Or if it made changes does it not save them?

Any words of wisdom would be great.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by newdep332
I noticed that my PC had came loose and was banging around behind the mud flap. If some of the face plate buttons got pushed how do I know if the map got messed up?

Do I need to re-load the map sent with it by Fuelmoto? Or if it made changes does it not save them?

Any words of wisdom would be great.

Hook it up to your computer and check the map settings. If they are off you can reload them. Simple to do with PCIII's!

Old 10-23-2008, 07:41 PM
newdep332
Tourer

I have looked at the map and it looks like greek to me, how do I know if they are off?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:43 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It's prolly okay...

Old 10-23-2008, 07:47 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 88 Posts

Mine did the same thing. I moved it up under the seat to protect it.
Did you make a back up of the map when you got it?
You have to hold down all three buttons at once to change the map I think. Call Jamie at Fuelmoto. He should be able to help.
MikeM

Old 10-24-2008, 12:13 AM
azfathog17
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Download your PCIII map and save it to your PC hard drive. If there is ever a problem with your PCIII you can then reload your map. You just have to calibrate the throttle position at 0 and 100% settings. I have found I only need to calibrate it at 0. This is all very simple using the PCIII software. I have modified mine a couple of times from the FM canned map originally loaded to mine to address some pinging it had. Again this is very easy with the software, especially if you have a laptop pc.

I have mine secured behind the mudflap with several heavy duty tywraps with some padding around the device to protect it. So far so good.

Old 10-24-2008, 07:37 AM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by azfathog17
I have mine secured behind the mudflap with several heavy duty tywraps with some padding around the device to protect it. So far so good.
+1 on extra tie wraps..When I installed it, I made sure i put extra tie wraps and always check on it once in awhile..I have it propped up to where i should be able to easily connect PC without going crazy or dismounting it.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:34 AM
twomad
Intermediate
Default messed up pc111

thats the same thing that happened on my 08 deluxe, but i didn't catch it before it got cracked dealer installed **** poor job and setup, a electrical part on a mudgaurd with tape and tyraps seems like a cob job to me. called dyno-jet about warranty, was told won't warranty if unit is physically broken told the idiot on phone thats were instuctions said to install. now have sert and no problems since

Old 10-24-2008, 10:49 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I am glad that the PCIII fits under my seat, yes barely fit. I use my mom's notebook to send and receive map, zero the throttle etc. You can always run a USB cable to the bottom of the seat, easier to remap that way.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:10 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Unless you hold all 3 buttons down at the same time for 3 seconds when the bike is started, then pressed the button to adjust, you button adjustment mode is not altered. Also note that you can easily reset the button adjustment in the PC III USB software under "Power Commaner tools" and every time you send a map to the PC this is automatically reset.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: Messed Up My PC III