Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ok, i've had a drink but, sort this out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 06:06 PM
A10
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok, i've had a drink but, sort this out!

You may have seen my thread "5 hours old". So here i am now. Took my new fat boy through the beautiful countryside yesterday and what am i thinking? i'm thinking "where the F*** am i goin"? this ride is great for maybe 2, 5 or 10 miles and then what? Oh, i may be lucky and stop at a diner with similarly lost souls. We discuss the "brotherhood" of bikin, smile, and go on our merry way. Quite honestly, the dream has ALWAYS been better than the reality (the word that links dream and reality is, usually, disappointment). Today my Fat Boy sits in the garage ignored. yeah, i should be shot. My wife bought it for me cash. Ok, it was mutual investments, but she didn't have to do it. MAN, i feel suicidal with guilt. And before you admonish me TOO harshly, look at your own lives because Trite, God fearin, could be worse, grow up etc, won't be appreciated i'm 53 and, though it don't seem so, am pretty intelligent.
PS:- Forgive this rant.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:17 PM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HUU? WHAA? zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 10-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Lockman
Road Captain

Guess you either "Got it"..or "You don't"......guess you don't!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

? I doesn't get it.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:35 PM
A10
Banned
Default jeez, guys

I come back, hopefully, to find intelligent comments. Well, the first 3 sound like the moronic comments many would attribute to bikers.. You got intelligent comment then post it, otherwise keep quiet and let people just THINK you are stupid, no need to advertise the fact...

Old 10-27-2008, 06:37 PM
spooner
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Having a little touch of buyer's remorse are we? It's OK, people buy bikes for different reasons. If you like to socialize with like minds, you might consider going to some get- togethers of your local HOG chapter. Maybe you and the wife need to take a weekend trip just to see the country from a different perspective.
While I do enjoy riding with a couple of close friends, I'm just as happy starting up the bike, picking a direction (not a destination), and spending the day just riding. If you thought buying a Harley was an instant membership to a secret brotherhood and people would be knocking on your door just to go riding....you're probably going to be dissapointed.
Give it some time. I've been riding for over 30 years and it just keeps getting better.
Good luck, hope to see ya on the road!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:45 PM
A10
Banned
Default scary

amazing how some don't see the wood for the trees. It's nothing whatsoever about wanting to be part of something. it's about...oh, forget it. And, not wishing to insult you, but lookin at your bike i can only say "each to their own"...

Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Lockman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by A10
amazing how some don't see the wood for the trees. It's nothing whatsoever about wanting to be part of something. it's about...oh, forget it. And, not wishing to insult you, but lookin at your bike i can only say "each to their own"...
Perhaps you should read your own post...Have a nice day!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:54 PM
crazybastid83
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The wife probably bought the bike for you hoping you would be gone several hours, so she could spend quality time with her boyfriend. Don't worry, you can always take up needlepoint.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:58 PM
SuperUnknown
Banned

Ride to Sturgis during bike week...if you still don't get it...sell the bike.

Quick Reply: ok, i've had a drink but, sort this out!