Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold weather attire question

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:26 AM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold weather attire question

Hi folks,

11k miles on her since June and can't bear to park her! I want to ride as deep into the fall months as possible.

everything stays pretty warm thus far except my chin and neck(thermals under the jeans, high boots, HD Windshielder gloves, full face helmet, HD leather racing jacket)

I have all the air vents closed on my helmet, but my chin is numb when I get to my destination, as well as my neck.

I tried a scarf tucked into my jacket, but it imobilizes my neck, making it difficult to move my head easily.

what do you fall weather veterans do to keep everything above your shoulders warm(assuming you are like me and not fortunate enough to live in a year-round warm climate)?

thanks!

Jeff

Old 10-28-2008, 06:49 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Get an electric vest. When you keep the core warm, the rest of the body stays a lot warmer too. A vest will keep you on the road all winter if the roads are clear.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:01 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts
Old 10-28-2008, 08:41 AM
variablek
Cruiser

this may be a little unconventional and probably a pain in the butt to put on since it takes me an extra 5-10 min a day to get riding but hey i let my ride warm up a bit longer anyways so its no biggie...

i commute about 50 min a day and ill but on thermals, normal clothes, leather jacket, liner gloves with winter gloves over and my snowboarding pants and jacket...

keeps me real warm (prolly wont help you much unless you snowboard but hey) My snowboarding jacket has a real high neck area with hoody on the back...oh and i wear a full face thermal thingy under my helmet.

allows me to swivel my head without much effort...

anyways just what i do...i live in northern nj btw

Old 10-28-2008, 09:10 AM
tnharley7
Road Captain

I have had good sucess with "Turtle" brand neckware and under the helmet ware. I bought mine at a local ski shop, but here is the link: http://www.turtlefur.com/tfturtletech.php Look at the bottom of the page for the black microfiber products. They keep the neck and chin toasty warm.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

LMFAO If you didn't tell me what it is, I thought this guy is in a major motorcycle accident.

Old 10-28-2008, 11:55 AM
lexydog43
Novice

I use the seirus face mask Heres a link to the product, so ya can see what it looks like. But I got mine at Dick's Sporting goods. Its great neoprene mask with a fleece neck on it. All there products are good quality and was half the price and more fuctional than the H-D one. http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___47126

Old 10-28-2008, 12:09 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 128auto
LMFAO If you didn't tell me what it is, I thought this guy is in a major motorcycle accident.

Hope they ship FedEx overnight, Halloween is only a couple of days away.
Bet with one of those I can scare the crap out of the little rug rats.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:27 PM
hdbe
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a nylon stretch face mask works great....can get them at many snowmobile shops or order houses like shade tree power sports. the "turtle fur" brand ones are very nice like stated above. Its all I wear under a fullface snowmobile helmet on the snowmachine.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:50 PM
5speedblu
Road Captain

REI under armour & face mask like Hanibal Lecters Will do the trick

Quick Reply: Cold weather attire question