Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming Eagle or V&H

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 06:24 PM
msankey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screaming Eagle or V&H

Looking for some advice. I have an 09 Fatboy and am looking to upgrade the pipes. I really want a set of V&H Softail Duals. I called the stealer and it is going to be $1200 for the pipes, tuner, installation, and tuning. I don't know if I am ready to drop that much on some pipes. The Screaming Eagle slip-ons are considerably less expensive and do not need tuning. Are the V&H worth paying around four times as much? A friend of mine suggested that I put the Screaming Eagles on until I was ready for the V&H and then Ebay the Screaming Eagles. I'll leave it open for more suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would go with the pipes, I did Rush slipons first and wanted more. Love the V&H pipes great fit and sound, I wish I just got the pipes first. Just my 2 cents

Old 10-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

yeah, do it right the first time and go for the V&H bro. if you get those slips ons you'll be happy for the first couple of weeks and then you'll start realizing it's not enough.

if you have to wait a little longer and save some more money do it. trust me, it'll be worth the wait.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:55 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

Do the pipes. I went with RUSH slip ons first, wish I hadn't..
You will be glad in the long run... my .02
I'm happy with my V&H BSS

Old 10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
crazybastid83
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally agree with these guys on the V&H pipes, But. Winter is closing in, why not wait until Spring, go where a lot of bikes are gathered. When you hear a set of pipes, talk to the owner and get the info. Better than having lots of scrap metal in the garage.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 PM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

#1... Get what you want to start with! our be like me and have 3 of everything sitting around your garage!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:41 PM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the V&H

Old 10-29-2008, 08:46 PM
09classic
Intermediate
Default Agree

go with the V&H pipes...just installed true duals on my heritage and couldn't be happier!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:52 PM
rsavage
Tourer

+1 to all of the above. Been there and done that. Bought Rush slip-ons when I really wanted the true duals and ended up selling them for 1/2 of what I paid and getting the V&H. If you can sell them, you won't recover much of your investment in the SE's.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:56 PM
mojojones
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do the pipes......
Do the work yourself and save big $$$, and the installation is fairly easy. You'll need your pipes......buy them from a forum vendor or ebay; the dealer will stiff you royally. You'll need a tuner......choose the one you want, SERT, PCIII, whatever. Easy to mount and install, and you can download a map from the manufacturers website for your setup, or buy it with the map preloaded from someone like Fuelmoto. You'll need a free flowing air cleaner......tons of them on ebay or from members here who have upgraded. I myself have a Screaming Eagle Stage I air cleaner with the upgraded K&N filter that's lying on a shelf unused.
The preloaded maps will be very close and if you want you can have a dyno run and custom map at a later date.

Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle or V&H