Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring pillow seat on a Fatboy (?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:07 PM
nickm
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touring pillow seat on a Fatboy (?)

I am new to Harley so I don't know the answer to this. But will a touring pillow seat fit on a Fatboy? My wife has lower back problems and needs a softer seat. Ive tried 3 seats in the last 6 months and I cant find one that will work.
The touring seats look pretty comfortable but I don't know if it will fit.

I would like one like this

Old 10-30-2008, 10:15 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I cant say for sure, but I don't think it will fit. The softails and the touring bikes have a different rear fender design, and I don't think it will allow the touring seats to fit. They also line up with the gas tank differently then the softails do. Especially now that the touring bikes have a 6 gallon tank. What 3 kinds of seats have you tried? There are many options out there from HD, and after market places like Mustang, Corbin, ultimate seats and so on. If you have tried the after market seat manufacturers then you might want to consider sending your stock seat to Allen at Mean City cycles (forum sponsor) http://www.meancitycycles.com/ I have heard that he can do great things with a stock seat and make it just as comfortable as an aftermarket if not even more so. I personally have a reworked Mustang seat that I would trade for anything, but that's just want I like.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:23 PM
nickm
Advanced

I had the stock seat.

Then I had a Screamin Eagle seat. (no pic)

And now this one

Ive seen a few pillow seats for softails. But they are really narrow.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:27 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If I were you, I would send one of those HD seats to Mean city cycles and have them re work it for you and spend 100-150 bucks then buy another new seat for 400-500 bucks. But if you really want to buy a new seat I would go with the Mustang. The passenger pillion that mustang makes is really wide and really cushy.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:33 PM
nickm
Advanced

I was reading their adds in the forum earlier. And there was some good feedback for them. Ill try and give them a call in the morning and see what they can do. I didn't see any prices and thought it was more expensive.
Thanks

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
If I were you, I would send one of those HD seats to Mean city cycles and have them re work it for you and spend 100-150 bucks then buy another new seat for 400-500 bucks. But if you really want to buy a new seat I would go with the Mustang. The passenger pillion that mustang makes is really wide and really cushy.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:53 AM
smitbrad
Tourer

Take a look at the Corbin Dual Touring seat with the optional backrest. The passenger seat is wide and very comfortable. I had one on my fatboy but sold it because my fiance stopped riding.
http://www.corbin.com/harley/softail/hdst6dt.shtml

Old 10-31-2008, 08:14 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nickm
I was reading their adds in the forum earlier. And there was some good feedback for them. Ill try and give them a call in the morning and see what they can do. I didn't see any prices and thought it was more expensive.
Thanks

I changed my stock FatBoy seat (what a piece of crap) for one from a softtail standard - then had MCC rework it. it's great.... Allen does good work and the seat is exctly what I wanted. cost $120, with the shipping. oh, and I had memory foam added.

I realize this isn't what you are looking for - just letting you know that MCC does good work, and definitely exceeded my expectations.