Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most comfortable seat for a Heritage ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 PM
moggsy
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Most comfortable seat for a Heritage ?

Ok guys need some opinions on what the most comfortable seat is for a Heritage.Got a lower back problem and need something thats going to give me a bit of support.

Currently have a Corbin classic solo but looking for something a bit more back/butt friendly.Also have a Le Pera Bare bones for short runs.Thinking perhaps a Mustang Wide touring seat.

Appreciate your thoughts......

Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
OOORAH
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats----Oh yes

Hey Moggsy,

I've tried most everything I could sit my rear upon ! I own a FLSTN--which is basically your bike lowered !
My suggestion would be to try the H.D. deep sundowner seat, they even have it in a model that includes a rider backrest ! I have the one without the backrest---take a look and you be da judge !
Seats are VERY personal and I wish you the best in your efforts--There are many good seats available but it is normally difficult to really TRY one prior to purchase--doggone it !
I hear that Mustang makes very good seats and I believe that they also have extra wide seats W/ backrests.(expensive little boogers,though)------

Last edited by OOORAH; 11-06-2008 at 07:25 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Balbosa
Stage III

I first purchased the Sundowner seat for my Heritage but.... after a long ride & even longer recovery period, I took it back. Now I have the Mustang touring with rider backrest. I couldn't be happier! That being said, my buddy has a sundowner on his Road King & loves it.
Cool thing is that the dealership near me lets you return a seat if you are not 100% happy (credit toward a new seat..not cash)

Old 11-03-2008, 05:09 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another vote for Mustang wide w/ rider adjustable backrest.. I can and do ride all day now. I could not do that w/ stock seat. I also have the matching passenger seat and backrest pad and wifey loves it over the stock painful seat.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:58 PM
km@c
Cruiser

And another vote for the Mustang wide touring with the driver backrest.

Works the best for me.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:02 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Or you could get a Deluxe seat with a tall rail and a backrest. Search for a thread by Dinger on the subject. I rode his bike with this setup and it provides plenty of low back support.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:56 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts
Thumbs up

I've had five seats on my 2000 Heritage. Two Harley seats (Stk & Sundowner), Two Corbin's (Young Guns & Touring w/rider backrest) And now I have the Mustang Wide touring w/rider backrest. None of the other seats even come close to that Mustang. I've done a few 3-4 hundred mile days effortlessly.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:20 AM
OOORAH
Intermediate

Guess with all the votes for a MUSTANG seat-I better cut loose with some bucks and see for myself how good they are. I owe it to my posterior--if it helps just a little bit;it has to be well worth the money. I just assumed that all seats were hard after a few miles. All the Harley seats are of varing degrees of hardness.
Thanks guys-I really thought that I had one of the better seats because I could go almost 100 miles before rigormortis bit my butt.
Byersmtrco- if I can ,as you say, increase the distance between pit stops to a few hundred miles, I'll remember you forever with thanks.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:55 PM
slick10
Road Master

And yet another vote for the Mustang wide touring with the driver backrest. 400 mile days for three weeks straight and no dead butt!

Old 11-04-2008, 04:21 PM
fastglass
Cruiser

+1 for the Mustang

Quick Reply: Most comfortable seat for a Heritage ?