Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for pics of a classic.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:30 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Looking for pics of a classic.......

Considering buying the detachable bag hardware & detachable backrest too for 1 up riding. I'd like to be able to turn my Heritage into a single ride when the wife isn't with me by removing the passenger pillion, backrest, & bags when applicable.
Love to see some pics of anyones ride stripped down without bags, pillion, & backrest & perhaps with everything removed but the bage....Anyone?

Thanks,
Clay

Old 11-08-2008, 07:24 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Maybe I'm missing something here but why don't you just pull the stuff off of yours and see what yours will look like without it? It only takes about 15 minutes to remove it all. Just a suggestion. I've got some pics of my Springer Classic without the passenger seat and sissy bar in my profile but it still has the bags and a rack on it.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:51 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out my photo album for some pics.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:33 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member

Nice scoot Lion! I would just strip mine down but workin tons of OT. Maybe tomorrow I'll start after work. Thanks again, thats what I'm gonna do to mine. Any part numbers to that detachable bag setup?

Clay

Old 11-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Dinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Start stripping now....

Old 11-09-2008, 07:55 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

They are barebacks... sold by cyclevision.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/bag-moun...rebacks-cv139/

Don't forget to get the chrome caps (if you buy them that is) to put on when the bags aren't on.

Dinger turned me on to these. Very easy very practical.

Mine are used with the quick detacheable backrest hardware.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member

I have a few pictures in my album....It may take more than 15 minutes though to strip yours down. I had a hard time getting my strut bolts loose. And it is really nice to have an extra set of hands to get the backrest off.

Good Luck! And while you have yours stripped down, get some pictures! I have the white tins sitting there in my garage ready to install when our riding season comes to an end.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:30 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustmaker
I have a few pictures in my album....It may take more than 15 minutes though to strip yours down. I had a hard time getting my strut bolts loose. And it is really nice to have an extra set of hands to get the backrest off.

Good Luck! And while you have yours stripped down, get some pictures! I have the white tins sitting there in my garage ready to install when our riding season comes to an end.
I'm assuming that the setup on yours is same as mine (Springer Classic).
I remove the bags and loosen (not remove) the center bolt for the sissy bar (having the front and rear bolts out). I then rotate the sissy bar forward or backward so that I can reinstall the other 2 bolts. I then remove the center sissy bar bolts and remove it without having to worry about the struts coming away from the fender and having to align it all back up again. After the sissy bar is off just replace the center bolt on the strut and ride happily away.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member

Originally Posted by IronAss
I'm assuming that the setup on yours is same as mine (Springer Classic).
I remove the bags and loosen (not remove) the center bolt for the sissy bar (having the front and rear bolts out). I then rotate the sissy bar forward or backward so that I can reinstall the other 2 bolts. I then remove the center sissy bar bolts and remove it without having to worry about the struts coming away from the fender and having to align it all back up again. After the sissy bar is off just replace the center bolt on the strut and ride happily away.
That does sound alot easier I will hafta try that next time I stripper down. Thanks!

Old 11-14-2008, 08:43 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Default Pics

Spent the 15 minutes as suggested & it was pretty simple. Here are a few pics of how my bike looks with & without the bags & with the passenger seat removed along with the backrest.
Now, if anyone has the part numbers for the removeable backrest I am VERY interested! I like the looks of my scoot without the backrest & seat & want to be able to more convienantly remove that backrest!

Thanks,
Clay

Attached Thumbnails Looking for pics of a classic.......-bike-bagless-008-small-.jpg   Looking for pics of a classic.......-bike-bagless-013-small-.jpg   Looking for pics of a classic.......-bike-w-bags-015-small-.jpg   Looking for pics of a classic.......-bike-w-bags-017-small-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Looking for pics of a classic.......