Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer CVO or Rocker C

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 12:48 AM
ndwgolf
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springer CVO or Rocker C

Guys,
I am swithering between a 2009 Springer CVO or a 2009 Rocker C. The main reason I want either of these is the 240 STOCK rear tire.
You see I had a 2002 Heritage that I put a Phat Tire kit on with a 240 tire but to be honest it handled like ****, it was easy to turn left but you really had to throw it over to get it to go right.
I live in Thailand and I can get a new 2009 Springer CVO for +/- $52K or a Rocker C for $46k. My other option is to get a Night Train and put another Phat Tail kit on that but by the time I spend the extra money on Phat Tail and wheels I would still be in the low 40K and on a bike that has had a major modification done to it.
Unfortunately I don't have the same choice as in the US but so be it.
Anyway has anyone had the chance to ride either of these bikes that could give me idea as to what I should go for??

Old 11-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Noride
Tourer

Springer all the way. IMHO the rocker is the ugliest bike the MOCO ever conceived off.

Old 11-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Mappster
Stage III

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it doesn't necessarily mean its a good one. I have a 08 Rocker C and I love it. Everybody that has seen it has loved it. In fact, I work for a pretty large industry and it employees over 1500 people and everyone that has seen it has said its the sickest bike in the lot. And I would say 35 to 40% of the people out there own a bike and most are Harleydavidson. So don't let people choose your bike for ya get on both and see for yourself. Later brother and be safe.

Old 11-09-2008, 02:02 AM
ndwgolf
Advanced

Originally Posted by Mappster
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it doesn't necessarily mean its a good one. I have a 08 Rocker C and I love it. Everybody that has seen it has loved it. In fact, I work for a pretty large industry and it employees over 1500 people and everyone that has seen it has said its the sickest bike in the lot. And I would say 35 to 40% of the people out there own a bike and most are Harleydavidson. So don't let people choose your bike for ya get on both and see for yourself. Later brother and be safe.
I have been looking thru many picture threads on this forum and I do agree that the rocker C can be made into a very beautiful bike with what seems very little money
Thanks Bro

Old 11-09-2008, 05:13 AM
Huey Driver
Tourer

From the very mouths of HD the rocker C was developed to try and capture the chopper market that Big Dog and OCC made so popular.

These bikes are so completely different but IMO the springer CVO is a way better machine but also costs a lot more. If I had the cash though I would go CVO all the way.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:00 AM
HotRoc54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey bro, the choice is yours. However, you ask for opinions and I will give you mine.
The CVO Springer is one beautiful scooter. But when you buy one it is already 99.9% tricked out, if you know what I mean. In my case, I like to make my scooter my very own.
That's what made me decide on a Rocker. Just brought it home this week. Its already tore down waiting on my Heartland E-Z Rocker Conversion System. Tins will be going out for custom paint and the list goes on. Your choice, but remember, there will be other Springers out there exactly like yours. But if you don't mind that then go for it. They are a very sweet looking scooter. Good luck with whatever you decide. Ride safe.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:13 AM
mopardave
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I'm thhnkin' that when he's cruisin' around Thailand he won't have to worry too much about running into anyone with a similar bike. LOL

The CVO is badass with the 110. The rocker has a better front suspension.

I am absolutely no help whatsover!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rocker, rocker, rocker... I think you should go for the rocker imo..

Old 11-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Rocker all the way pal !!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Reverend
Tourer

Personally, I'd stick with anything that's got a 96 cube engine, the 110's have had sooo many recalls so far..

Quick Reply: Springer CVO or Rocker C