Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Slip Ons on Xbones

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 09:55 AM
airbusflyer
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle Slip Ons on Xbones

I am considering installing the SE slip ons because I like the looks of the stock pipes that I have on the 08 Xbones. Any feedback on them? Does anybody have them installed?

From you tube postings, I think they have a pretty good sound and the looks are maintained as close to stock as possible. The cost is just below $300 so it sounds like a good option for me.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 AM
07fat_boy
Cruiser

I have the SE street performance slip-ons on my Fat Boy, and I really like them. They have a really sweet tone, but they are not loud at all. If you're looking for some mufflers to make the bike a lot louder, then you're going to have to get something else...Rush or V&H are popular choices. That being said, I wouldn't trade my SE's for anything right now.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hated the lawnmower sound of the stock pipes. So when they delivered my bike I had a pair of V&H Straight shots to put on it, before I even fired it up. They look the part on the xbones style, not those big canisters of the stock units.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:43 PM
crazybastid83
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go for rush mufflers, they look stock and sound good.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:22 PM
tc88hog
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The S.E.II slip ons are great mufflers, but they are too quiet for my taste. If you want to make them louder you can purchase a set of cycle shack baffles that will essentially convert them to the older discontinued S.E. mufflers

Old 11-13-2008, 03:13 AM
fredblack
Stage II
Default SE muffler for Xbones

Originally Posted by airbusflyer
I am considering installing the SE slip ons because I like the looks of the stock pipes that I have on the 08 Xbones. Any feedback on them? Does anybody have them installed?

From you tube postings, I think they have a pretty good sound and the looks are maintained as close to stock as possible. The cost is just below $300 so it sounds like a good option for me.
the style is better than those of origin because the base of muffler is rounder.
The sound is very good but weaker than my motor bike the preceding ones equipped with SE.
It is necessary avoid them inlet shape which is in option.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:21 AM
fredblack
Stage II

Originally Posted by tc88hog
The S.E.II slip ons are great mufflers, but they are too quiet for my taste. If you want to make them louder you can purchase a set of cycle shack baffles that will essentially convert them to the older discontinued S.E. mufflers
Where buy shack baffles?

Old 11-13-2008, 07:55 PM
tnharley7
Road Captain

If you want stock look a likes, try the Rush slipons. I have just installed the Rinehart Racing slipons on my XBones. Looks and sounds even better. You can find the Rineharts for about $375 online. The Rush slipons are about $225.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:52 PM
airbusflyer
Novice
Default Rush muffler and V&H slip ons option?

Sounds like the rush mufflers are a better option. I get to keep the stock look and get a better sound than the SE. What about the V&H slip ons? Are these a good option in term of sound? I know the V&H generally has a deep roar to it so I am wondering if somebody has some feedback on those?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will look into the rush option.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:03 PM
tnharley7
Road Captain

You can also get the V&H slipons for about $225 on EBay, but they are loud in my opinion. They basically are a 2 1/2" straight pipe bolted to your stock headers. A friend of mine runs them, but he ended up getting the quiet baffles for them to tone them down some. The Rush pipes look identical to the stock pipes. If you go to their website they have sound clips for the different baffles. Most go with the 1 3/4 or 2" baffles. The 1 3/4 are probably equivalent to the HD SE slipons that aren't sold any longer. The 2" are louder.

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle Slip Ons on Xbones