Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on Night Train

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:57 PM
White Knukle
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Night Train

Ok, heres my story. I had an 08 Sportster 883 custom( with 2001 miles on it at time of death), i was heading to work on august 26th at about 2:30pm...im on I-10 in New Orleans around the superdome. i notice this black corvette acting like an assclown weaving in and out of traffic...he finally gets next to me and i try to slow down, we come to a sharp left turn when he decides to pass the car in front of him (not paying attention to me), he cuts into my lane (im in the far right lane of a 3 lane interstate mind you), he hits my front wheel sending me into a cement guard rail of a bridge and speeds off.......i was in the trauma(sp?) ward for 4 days with possibly getting half of my right hand amputated..but decided against it...i got sent home from the hospital due to the oncoming hurricane gustav...my bike was totaled.....i am still recovering, barely being able to move my pinky and the finger next to it....i am however missing riding and am trying to buy my 2nd bike....the harley dealership i deal with took it upon themselves to order me the bike i really want without me asking them to...now the salesmen do not get paid commision, they get paid hourly and sell the new bikes for MSRP.....now i post this because i want to know your opinions of an 09 night train in black denim...i find the bike to be very comfortable to me and i love the look...but im also trying to make a conscious desion instead of jumping into something like i did with my 883c...let me know what yall consider the pros and cons...i look forward to reading your responses..thank you very much

Old 11-12-2008, 07:03 PM
wildman67
Extreme HDF Member

Glad you are O.K. it sound's like you made up your mind all ready! I say go for it!

Old 11-12-2008, 07:51 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear you're recuperating, and looking forward to getting back in the saddle again...it's like my best friend always says, it's either in the blood, or it's not...

You should check out the Night Train thread here, lots of good looking rides there...personally, my Train is my keeper...everyone's taste is different, but for me, the Train looks like what I always thought of when anyone mentioned "Harley" when I was growing up...when I sit down into mine and stretch out and hit the road, it's like dancin' with my favorite girl...nothin' like it...

Last edited by *NIGHT TRAIN*; 11-12-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Night Pig
Intermediate

Was the driver of the vette ever found? I would hang a meat hook in his A$$!!!!

Glad your recovery is going well.

I have an 06 night train and for my height (6' 2") it is very comfy to me now that I had memory foam installed in the stock seat and black diamond pegs and heel rests. I love how the drag bars feel to me because it stretches my long arms out but then again it comes down to personal preferance. I have a few friends that have installed the swing back drag bars oppesed the straight drag bars. These guys are shorter and fits their style.

Get well and see you on the road soon.

Sean

Old 11-12-2008, 08:03 PM
White Knukle
Novice

thank you, i will admitt that i love the bike, but i wanted to make sure there were no major faults that i dont know about yet, and i am very interested in your personal opinion about the bike....ride safe!!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you are recovering quickly, I guess you can never be too careful with all the a-holes we get to share the roads with.

The trains are sweet rides, and I love mine. I rode 750 miles this past weekend on it and loved every minuet. My Road King stayed home if that says anything.

I guess the main thing is get what you like and want. These bikes can be made more comfortable by switching things up on them, seat, bars, etc. but i found the train to be a perfect fit for me at 5'11".

Old 11-12-2008, 08:13 PM
White Knukle
Novice

no, the driver of the vette was never found, i was lucky enough to have the lady that was behind me stop her vehicle and block all other traffic to avoid anything else happening, but i really appreciate everybodys input, and you all make great points. from the passion you all have, i think my mind is being made up....Ride safe everybody, and to Carmell RKC, that does say alot as i am a huge fan of the road kings as well...

Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Fightn_Tiger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you want regret coming over to the dark side

Old 11-12-2008, 08:36 PM
vascik883
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As everyone said, glad you're ok. I owned an 06 883C for 6 months before I decided to go with a black denim NT. I loved the look and I have not been dissapointed. I love the bike. The short drag bars took a few weeks to get used to, but it's ok now. In my opinion, the ride on the sportster was more comfortable but you cant beat the look of a BBQ black Train!!!

Old 11-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Night Pig
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vascik883
As everyone said, glad you're ok. I owned an 06 883C for 6 months before I decided to go with a black denim NT. I loved the look and I have not been dissapointed. I love the bike. The short drag bars took a few weeks to get used to, but it's ok now. In my opinion, the ride on the sportster was more comfortable but you cant beat the look of a BBQ black Train!!!
Well said brotha!

Sean

Quick Reply: Opinions on Night Train