Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New wheels for a Fatboy???

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:02 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New wheels for a Fatboy???

So I ahve been seeking a killer wheel combo for my fatboy and it is still off in the distance, but I wanted to discuss the looks of various types of wheels on the fatboy. I could really dig some fat spoke wheels 21" and an 18 in the rear. Problem is Whitewalls aren't made in 18 size. So it would ahve to be 21 inthe front and a 16 in the rear. I don't really want to spend a big hunk of money on a wheel that is still the same size as the current wheel I ahve on there. So what do you think (I know what Dinger thinks) about a fat spoke in the front and the chrome stock style fatboy wheel in the rear? Or a front wheel like JohnnyBoy got in the front and a stock chrome fatboy wheel in the rear? If it weren't a question of funds availability I woudl pull the trigger and get exactly what I want now, but that isn't possible yet. Do you guys feel that the matching rotors and pulley are necessary? Let me know and share some pics of your bike if you ahve any. Thanks.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
rolloffhill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say get what you want the first time or you'll regret it later on, always wondering what if...

I got talked out of spokes by my wife and she actually picked mine out. I didn't get the matching pulley and rotors. I wouldn't mind having the matching pulley but IMO the matching rotor is a waste of money. I have the chrome HD cover on my pulley now, but will probably take it off and PC my pulley because I plan on blacking most of the bike out this winter...

Now I did buy my wheels back in '03 before the whole 21/18" thing was cool so I still have 16's but that is alright with me. At least the ride is still good....

I think the chrome fatboy wheel would look good in the rear anyway since most of it gets covered up anyway...

Old 11-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a Fatboy with a 21" on it, honestly, the bike looked "off". I'm going with Hogpro for sure. I'm undecided on which wheel right now, but I'm leaning towards a 18" in the front and 16" in the rear. I have seen that combo and it makes the bike look much more streamlined. (in my opinion)

Good luck.