Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear End Victim. =( Errrrr

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:04 PM
NixonWho
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear End Victim. =( Errrrr

Can my day get any worse. Just yesterday my house was less than 3 miles away from getting burned down from the Big California fire. My area was on full alert and my only concern was: A. My Laptop, B. My Car and C. My Night Train.

This morning I was told that the fire was under control and my house should be ok and that same morning I received a phone call from the custom builder indicating that my risers, handle bar and grips are ready for pick up. In my mind, I was thinking luck is on my side. So today, on my way to pick up my parts, I was on the freeway stuck in traffic at a complete stop, then BAM from behind an 18 wheeler big rig rear ended me. The driver of the truck got out and said, "I saw you, but then you disappeared". My first response was " DANG, My BIKE"... I guess my love for my bike was my priority rather than my health. So odd. The crazy thing about this is that the driver indicated that, damage was minor and a little buff and plaster it should be ok. I was like "Hell NO". Basically it was more of big nudge and I am was pretty lucky i was not sandwiched between the truck and the car in front of me. My rear fender is damaged, my rear end rim has a dent on one side, the break pulley has a chip with a dent and I can't tell if the frame is screwed. I didn't drop the bike and the impact didnt throw me off the bike. So, I am thankful that I am safe, but I am starting to really hate stupid drivers even more. The worst part is after the accident my lower back is starting to heart like "HELL". Sorry, guys I am just venting.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:31 PM
spade
Cruiser

oh man that sucks! glad you are ok. With the time/ energy you've put into it already I'm sure you'll have it back to 100% in no time.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:45 PM
jokr
Road Captain

Glad your ok Thats my fear getting hit and not knowing if my frame is messed up then everytime im out ridding i will be worried that the fram will just break in two.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:46 PM
NixonWho
Tourer

Originally Posted by jokr
Glad your ok Thats my fear getting hit and not knowing if my frame is messed up then everytime im out ridding i will be worried that the fram will just break in two.
I was told about that too. A dump truck hitting a motorcycle. I can imagine by frame being messed up already. I hope not.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:06 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1 of my friends wasn't so lucky this year
almost died, had to have his right leg cut off above the knee
count your blessings dude. glad yer ok

Old 11-17-2008, 08:09 PM
willyp
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

nixon, what a bummer. you had one of the hottest bikes. good news is that it sounds like it can be fixed and its not a total loss and better yet............you didnt get hurt. keep us posted.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:15 PM
qwispichkn
Tourer

Sounds like the dude was trying to blow you off by saying the bike would be fine with minor repair. You shoulda said "Here's my foot in your ***, but don't worry, a little plaster and paint will fix it up real nice."

Seriously though, I would go over your bike real close to find anything out of place.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Scott367
Advanced

nixon, thats brutal dude. he clearly doesnt know how much your rims or fender cost. well at least your ok and bike should be fixable. cheers

Old 11-18-2008, 01:00 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad your OK, but I would recommend that you take the bike someplace you trust and have it gone over with a fine toothed comb. Make sure EVERYTHING is OK and still straight. Might cost a little, but he's gonna bite the bullet on any expenses for repairs and having the bike thoroughly checked out is, in my book, a common sense safety measure.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:16 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

glad to hear you are ok man. i'm with ya, my first thought would have been my bike too. i can't stand people who don't pay attention when they are driving. make sure you get that bike checked out thoroughly. you'll have her back to 100% in no time brother.

Quick Reply: Rear End Victim. =( Errrrr