Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

deluxe

Old 11-18-2008, 08:55 PM
brawand
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default deluxe

looking at 09 deluxe anyone out there riding one. If so the good and the bad.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:12 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Talking

Love my '07. Take one for a spin. You be the judge.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:25 PM
aggro_jo
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

bad= they run hot/lean, they have the rep of being a girls bike, a lot of aftermarket softail parts don't bolt on due to pipes, seat, rack, etc. not a big deal but still

Good= factory lowered, great platform to customize, nostalgic looks with modern dependability.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:25 PM
spooner
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Pros: The deluxe has a nostalgic look without any modifications. It's comfortable and has a lot of upgrades off the showroom floor. For those of us who are a little "vertically challenged", the Deluxe is lowered and it's easy to put both feet on the ground. With that great Harley low end torque and a low center of gravity, they are extremely easy to ride.

Cons: Because they are lowered,it's easy to scrape the floorboards in turns. This bothers some people, but I like the attention that I get when people around look to see what's making that hideous noise . And they are a softail, if you want it to ride like a tourer, you have to at least change seats and go with better shocks.

I've owned an Ironhead (still do), a Road King (loved it), a Buell (great commuter), and lastly my Deluxe. The Deluxe, by far, gets more favorable looks and comments, and is a total blast to ride!

Old 11-19-2008, 08:13 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I don't know how the '09's measure up...but, I have an '05 that I've put 55k on, and it's the best ridin bike I've ever had. Don't pay any attention to the so-called "girl bike" rep...and definitely don't listen to anyone tellin ya it doesn't make a good tourin bike. We do numerous long weekend rides every year...and at least one or two distance tours each year, measured in the thousands of miles and usually at least 2 - 3 weeks in the saddle. Ours still has the stock suspension and seating...'cept I did put the Deluxe tourin pillion on for the missus...and has handled perfectly in all conditions, includin some pretty extreme weather ridin. When I wear this 'un out, I'll either rebuild it or get a new one...don't know if I'll ever ride a different model again...feels like yer sittin "in" the bike instead of up on top of it. It's a damned sweet scoot. But, like someone else said, rent one and try it out for yerself...only way to know for sure...'cause we're all different in our likes and dislikes.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Romey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really don't have any complaints with my Deluxe. Yes they run lean, but that can be fixed. If you are a taller person I don't think you will be that comfortable on a Deluxe. I think Aggro Jo's post probably sums it all up the best. TequilaJohn is right about the Deluxe touring pillion. The factory one is a brick covered in leather. So I've been told...numerous times. Good luck with your decision.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:12 AM
Hangfire1
Tourer

Mine does it all from in town cruising to all day long haul touring. I can take the bags and windshield off for around town and put 'em back on for the road. You can also put other seats on it if you want to ride higher or further back. I'm going with a Danny Gray seat. You really do feel like you are sitting in the bike, not on top of it. Mine is an '06 so I've never had any issues with overheating. I love the balance of the 88cu in with the 5 spd. tranny.

Grab a Deluxe and give it a spin, you'll never let it go!

Old 11-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Hangfire1
Tourer

Don't worry about the chick bike reputation, when you go out cruising the Deluxes get all of the attention!

Last edited by Hangfire1; 11-19-2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Hangfire1
Tourer

Originally Posted by spooner
One sick Deluxe spooner;-)

Old 11-19-2008, 09:55 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The good: my wife loves her 08.
Her first bike and she's doing great on it. So that tells you it's easy to ride and handles great.

The bad: my wife loves her her 08.
She won't ride 2up on my Heritage anymore.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: deluxe