Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

suction cups on the heartland conversion kit seat

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 12:06 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default suction cups on the heartland conversion kit seat

...just got my heartland rocker conversion kit today and was surprised to see suction cups on the seat as its main way of holding seat on. I guess my question is this..any of you who have this same kit on your bikes does this suction cup method work or do I have to do something else differently to secure the seat better...seems a little messed up.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:24 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah i asked exactly the same question about 3 months ago...all the other guys told me that it aint a problem but i think it is cheap and nasty,
if i ever have the seat recovered i might try and see if i can attach a bolt somehow.
I do think that the older heartland seats did attach by a bolt....

Old 11-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I guess the question is ..Do you want someone you care about sitting on the back by something that is holding on by suction cups?

Mike

Old 11-22-2008, 03:32 PM
brianp25
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the back seat isnt held on by suction cups just the front, the back latches into the struts i believe, and i think when ordering the kit you can get one with a bolt on front seat, really whenever your riding isnt your weight holding it down?

Old 11-22-2008, 04:40 PM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default yes the back seat

does latch down...but for the most part I will be soloing on it and it seems there is something else that can be done to let a guy feel more secured when he's flying down the road than to know he's only being held on by suction cups. I will take your advise and see if Heartland doesn't sell a seat that bolts down...thanks for you guys's input. Will post pics when I have installed kit...which I'm in the middle of doing now.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Rail
Road Master

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

That seat won't go anywhere while you're on it.. Trust me.. The suction cups hold very well on regular paint with clear coat.. On matte paint they do not stay stuck without constant pressure on the seat.. Trust me.. lol.. Either way, your seat ain't goin anywhere with you on it..

Old 11-22-2008, 08:05 PM
ttlpakg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no problem with mine. unless, of course, you dont weigh very much. ive had my heartland seat for over a year with no issues.
my only concern would be that my seat might not be there when i come out of the store...lol.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:54 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 7" x 10" phantom pad with gel on my night train with the ez200 kit and it works awesome. its really on there I need two hands to get it off and have to take one side off at a time. No complaints here

Old 06-22-2010, 02:04 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Not a problem with the suction cups holding my seat on. Had it for a year without a problme.
If someone wants something bad enough even a screw will not stop them from taking your seat.
hen I take my seat of for maintenance I have to peel it off its on there so good.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:20 PM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by saintslax11
Not a problem with the suction cups holding my seat on. Had it for a year without a problme.
If someone wants something bad enough even a screw will not stop them from taking your seat.
hen I take my seat of for maintenance I have to peel it off its on there so good.
Where'd you get your 96" kit from?& how do you like the 18" on the rear I want to get an 18" to replace my 17"the stock rim is 17" x 6" and the 18" is 18" x 5.5" any problems with yours?

Quick Reply: suction cups on the heartland conversion kit seat