Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arnott on Rocker.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 01:24 PM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arnott on Rocker.

I have decided to just skip the lowering bolts on my Rocker and go with a air suspension instead. Part of the reason I bought the Heartland Kit was to have a more comfortable seat for the wife and if the bike is going to ride rougher then what was the point?

My question is are there any other kits besides the arnott?

Does anyone have any experience with Arnott?

What are the drawbacks to the air suspension?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:46 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Dude you just started a war of air suspensions!!!! God help us on this thread . I pruchased the Hi Lo air suspension and love it so far. It has on the fly adjustability. Lifetime warranty on shocks and a 2 year warranty on the compressor. There are many other kits that you will for sure hear about on this thread. There is shotgun air suspension, SAS... those two are in the 1500-1600 dollar range. I will let someone else explain those to you. I surely dont have to. Just call all of the places and let them explain it to you. You will get very good feedback from everybody on this forum about this topic. There is also Legends AS. Draw backs are, that for someone like me if my compressor goes I have to ride a rigid home. I personally dont care and I will be replacing my compressor before it goes anyway. I know compressors show signs of failure so i will wait till then. Other guys with different systems will explain how theres are better if there compressor goes. I have air lines that could possibly leak or break others do not. You will hear alot about this. I like my system but surely listen to others on what they have to say and decide. You are making a wise choice however you go!!!! Here are a couple of attachments to get an idea of what it is like. Also try youtube.com i saw a couple rocker AS videos with arnott system.

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/k.../Harley028.jpg

Old 02-15-2009, 01:56 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Arnott on Rocker is on youtube and the guy who own it is on this forum. Make some research in old posts. I went with lowering bolts for my Rocker now, but definitely will switch for air ride as well but later. ¨

How much was that Hi Lo ?

Old 02-15-2009, 02:29 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by masar
The Arnott on Rocker is on youtube and the guy who own it is on this forum. Make some research in old posts. I went with lowering bolts for my Rocker now, but definitely will switch for air ride as well but later. ¨

How much was that Hi Lo ?
It is still $800 on there site. not bad...not bad

Old 02-15-2009, 02:38 PM
masar
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saintslax11
It is still $800 on there site. not bad...not bad
damn, thats realy not bad, any link?

Old 02-15-2009, 02:38 PM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain

Thanks for the info!!

I thought it would be a good idea to really research the different kits before I bought one because of the amount of $$$$$$$$ they cost!

Old 02-15-2009, 02:52 PM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by masar
damn, thats realy not bad, any link?
http://www.hi-lorider.com/hiloairride/
Good people to. I bothered them enough and they anwsered every question.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:55 PM
dmp
Cruiser

I have the arnott kit and i like it, I'm not going to say it is better than other kits but it is well priced and once you but the kit there is nothing else to buy. a buddy of my is currently installing a different brand air ride, and he ended up ordering the compressor from arnott because of the nice mount they have and his kit was a pain to install not complete, no switches. But really its up to you.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain

I think the Arnott system is at the top of my list right now. However I'm really liking the looks of the Legend AS also.

Lord I need help!!!! To many choices!!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dmp
I have the arnott kit and i like it, I'm not going to say it is better than other kits but it is well priced and once you but the kit there is nothing else to buy. a buddy of my is currently installing a different brand air ride, and he ended up ordering the compressor from arnott because of the nice mount they have and his kit was a pain to install not complete, no switches. But really its up to you.
You have any pics of your system installed? Where is the compressor mounted?

Quick Reply: Arnott on Rocker.