Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

About Deuce rear fender.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Low n Loud
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by juicebox66
.....so are you saying the fat boy fender bolted right on to your deuce...or how much fabrication did you have to do

I'll be running a 2007+ Fatboy rear fender on a Deuce. I just mocked it up quick, and it fits nice between the struts, has the same ECU mounting holes as well. I didn't bother mocking up the fender strut overs / turn signals, etc yet because I know I'll make it work in the end. Looks like it wouldn't be anything more than move a hole over an inch or so, at most.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:17 PM
BlamBlamPowPow
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Low n Loud
I'll be running a 2007+ Fatboy rear fender on a Deuce. I just mocked it up quick, and it fits nice between the struts, has the same ECU mounting holes as well. I didn't bother mocking up the fender strut overs / turn signals, etc yet because I know I'll make it work in the end. Looks like it wouldn't be anything more than move a hole over an inch or so, at most.
How did the final fit-up go? I'm looking to do the same with my '02 Deuce. Please share with me your wisdom of this swap!

Old 05-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Low n Loud
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlamBlamPowPow
How did the final fit-up go? I'm looking to do the same with my '02 Deuce. Please share with me your wisdom of this swap!

I'll let you know.... should be within a month or so. I'm still waiting on more parts before I tear down the bike. Once my wheels are finished and I get the tires mounted I will start on the rear fender. I can tell you right now, any fabrication required will be minimal.. (moving a hole over, etc etc)

Old 05-16-2014, 09:48 AM
BlamBlamPowPow
Novice

I'll let you know.... should be within a month or so. I'm still waiting on more parts before I tear down the bike. Once my wheels are finished and I get the tires mounted I will start on the rear fender. I can tell you right now, any fabrication required will be minimal.. (moving a hole over, etc etc)
What does the new fender have for rock guards?

Old 07-19-2014, 04:44 PM
BlamBlamPowPow
Novice

How's it going? Just got a color matched '13 fender/light setup. I've seen so far what I might have to do to get the ECM mounted. Should be interesting!

Old 04-06-2015, 06:55 PM
BlamBlamPowPow
Novice
Default If anyone is still interested....

Here's what happens with a successful Deuce-to-Fatboy fender swap...

Last edited by BlamBlamPowPow; 04-08-2015 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:30 PM
scott060462
Intermediate

At a high level it looks like you used the Deuce struts, seat and pillion?

Old 04-08-2015, 06:06 AM
BlamBlamPowPow
Novice

Originally Posted by scott060462
At a high level it looks like you used the Deuce struts, seat and pillion?
Yes indeed! I retained the stock strut covers, turn signals and seat. The wiring harness and tail light came from a Road Glide. I just had to drill a couple of new holes!

Old 04-08-2015, 06:50 PM
scott060462
Intermediate
Default Thanks for the info

This looks great. I will likely do it with my 2003 Deuce that I have a 99 FLST front end on.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:17 AM
2000harleyfxstd
Stage III

Originally Posted by BlamBlamPowPow
Yes indeed! I retained the stock strut covers, turn signals and seat. The wiring harness and tail light came from a Road Glide. I just had to drill a couple of new holes!
Were there any problems mounting your seat? My Solo will not quite fit on right. I have a Fatboy fender on mine as well and I am speculating that the there is a hump in the Fatboy seat that is not letting my seat down all the way.

Great looking bike!

Quick Reply: About Deuce rear fender.