Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Softail Ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
SD_Nick
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st Softail Ride

I wanted to do a write up on my first Harley. So I just got my Deluxe delivered this week and had a chance yesterday to take her on her maiden voyage and my first ever ride on a harley. I have to say what a great ride it was. The Screamin' Eagle 103" kit has throw your head back power, very smooth as well. I'm not to thrilled about the compression release valves but a necessary evil. The thunderheader exhaust sounds amazing. HD "Reach" seat was comfortable but a little too close to the tank for me. Dragonfly fairing is awesome to say the least! Deuce type bars w/ risers is a perfect setup for this fairing. I have to say I FINALLY see what all the fuss is about. I didn't want to get off the bike and work today couldn't get over fast enough. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and look forward to using this forum to find new mods. The only complaint I have is that it is going to snow this weekend and I won't be able to get her out!!!!!

btw...Anybody know what kind of Intake is on my bike? May need to order a new filter some day and don't have a clue what brand it is.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Red9
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice! I'm looking at it and I can't think of a sigle thing I would change...love the fairing and the bags and the colour and exhaust and wheels and seat and....

You will get a quick answer on the intake. There are a great group of helpful and knowldgeable people in this forum.

Welcome, ride safe and enjoy.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:19 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody know what kind of Intake is on my bike? May need to order a new filter some day and don't have a clue what brand it is.
Here Ya' Go. You have a screaming eagle heavy breather intake. http://american.partsandmotorcycles....gleintake.html

Old 03-06-2009, 07:29 PM
kkinderen
Road Master

Ahh that first ride. If you're not hooked after that you're in a coma. See the doc immediately.

The bike looks great!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is only one way to fix it, ride more. Glad you got out to see what you've been missing. It will be warm here this weekend the snow is melting but the roads have a lot of sand and salt still on them. Enjoy it

Old 03-06-2009, 08:19 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member

You got a nice set up going with that Deluxe.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SD_Nick
I wanted to do a write up on my first Harley. So I just got my Deluxe delivered this week and had a chance yesterday to take her on her maiden voyage and my first ever ride on a harley. I have to say what a great ride it was. The Screamin' Eagle 103" kit has throw your head back power, very smooth as well. I'm not to thrilled about the compression release valves but a necessary evil. The thunderheader exhaust sounds amazing. HD "Reach" seat was comfortable but a little too close to the tank for me. Dragonfly fairing is awesome to say the least! Deuce type bars w/ risers is a perfect setup for this fairing. I have to say I FINALLY see what all the fuss is about. I didn't want to get off the bike and work today couldn't get over fast enough. Overall I am very pleased with my purchase and look forward to using this forum to find new mods. The only complaint I have is that it is going to snow this weekend and I won't be able to get her out!!!!!

btw...Anybody know what kind of Intake is on my bike? May need to order a new filter some day and don't have a clue what brand it is.

That dont look like any ST I ever seen...:>(

Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM
chordstrummer
Tourer

Congrats! Nice ride. Love the color

Old 03-06-2009, 09:12 PM
exodor1
Cruiser

Makes me laugh when I hear people try to degrade Harleys. They won't understand until they ride one. Lots of good stuff on this forum.

Very nice bike...you had it set up like that before you left the dealer?

Old 03-06-2009, 09:15 PM
exodor1
Cruiser

obviously, i'm slow. i just noticed that it's an 07 deluxe. so i guess you bought it like that. still a nice lookin' bike! good luck.

Quick Reply: 1st Softail Ride