Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**UPDATED Rocker touring system will fit a Rocker C!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Toneaero
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default **UPDATED Rocker touring system will fit a Rocker C!!!

My girlfriend never liked the "trick seat" that came with my Rocker C. She doesn't mind it for shorter rides but when the rides are longer than an hour, riding on that little seat with no back support can be grueling.

I know that you can replace the Rocker C seat with a standard Rocker seat and get the touring system. Problem is that I don't want to eliminate the "trick seat" all together. Like I said, its still good for shorter rides.

Here is what I got in the mail:

Here is the original trick seat bracket tucked under the main seat:

With the trick seat bracket removed, you can see that the grommets is the main support for the seat. The seat bracket itself isn't 100% responsible for holding up the rider.

Trick seat support removed from bike:

The touring struts bolt right into the original holes. No modifications to the stock Rocker C seat was needed:

Side view:

Sissy bar and thicker passenger seat attached.

So there you have it.... You can install the touring system without purchasing a standard Rocker seat.

Originally Posted by 5speedblu
The touring system struts will only support the trick seat on the edges ,as you ride the seat will shift & flex and wear out the leather like seat covering.
5speedblu might be right, but rockerheadsteve said it best:

Originally Posted by rockerheadsteve
Whatever dude, Looks like it will work fine. Its not like we're talking permanent, just a quick attach for the ol comfort a couple of times a year. Maybe Sturgis and a couple other long journeys. If she wants to ride local that's what the trick seat is for.
The main purpose is to satisfy the lady friend for both short rides and long rides. I will probably use the paper thin passenger seat more in the long run than the touring system so eliminating it with the standard Rocker seat was not a good option.

Thanks again for all the help and input from the previous thread. I may still end up getting the standard rocker seat. It all depends if the lady friend falls in love with the new seat and won't go back to the original.

Attached Thumbnails **UPDATED Rocker touring system will fit a Rocker C!!!-dsc04165.jpg  
Old 07-22-2010, 06:47 PM
rockerc9913
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rocker c back rest

Take a look on ebay or youtube.com search rocker c sissy bar on youtube and you can see the one we came up with. it works very nice. 3 min off/on. and you have a nice, sturdy back rest for the miss. it sits high like they are suppost to. i took my wife for a 128 mile ride she loves it. any questions shoot me an e-mail jchristian@charterinternet.com