Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger seat for Rocker

Old 08-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by rocker09
Does anyone know if there are any other opions out there for a passenger seat for the Rocker other than the stock seat on the Rocker-C and the Widowmaker from Corbin? I'm looking for a passenger seat so my wife can ride with me and wanted to hear what other people have seen of heard.

Thanks
I made a larger seat with a small backrest which mounts to the stock brackets, and goes on and off just as quickly the same way as stock. Took a little fabricating, some money for TIG welding (wasn't willing to mess with weld quality on this part, likin' the ol' lady right now), and $100 to an upholstery shop, but the ol' lady is quite happy with it.

It doesn't look any better than the stock passenger seat, but it isn't much worse either.

If I get time, I'll post some pictures later.

Last edited by Warp Factor; 08-12-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:33 PM
nawlinsjerry
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I found this and want one!!!

If anybody knows someone who can fabricate a similar version of this that will work with a danny grey solo, I would forever be in your debt. This is the 2 up setup I want for my bike sans the big mustang style seat. I want the second upper fender with a pillion pad.

Attached Thumbnails Passenger seat for Rocker-photo-1-.jpg   Passenger seat for Rocker-photo.jpg  
Old 08-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nawlinsjerry
If anybody knows someone who can fabricate a similar version of this that will work with a danny grey solo, I would forever be in your debt. This is the 2 up setup I want for my bike sans the big mustang style seat. I want the second upper fender with a pillion pad.
I've gotten as far as mocking up some brackets in wood and cardboard.

I'm guessing that the pictures you've shown wouldn't give enough clearance for full suspension compression though, unless that bike is already lowered. With full suspension travel, the passenger seat's kinda going to need to be hanging out in space.

I've thought about filling in the gap with some leather fringe, or small bags, but haven't gotten around to trying either yet.

Got where you're coming from though. It would be really nice to have a custom solo seat, and be able to attach a passenger seat in two minutes with only four bolts.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm sorry, but those Rocker passenger pedestals look like the most dangerous, precarious things I've ever seen. I can't imagine perching someone up on that thing. I do like the idea of hanging some fringe or something on there to cover that monstrous gap. As cool as Rockers can be, they clearly were not designed with passengers in mind.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:09 PM
ptw***
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by easton07
Where did you get your seat for your Rocker??
Started with the FXCWC trick seat then decided to by my wife a Street Bob so I could ride single. Started with a stock FXCW seat (comfortable) but wasn't what I looked for. Next step was a Bitchin seat followed by 2 spring seats. Happy I didn't sell my Bitchin seat. It's back on & I couldn't be happier.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Benway
I'm sorry, but those Rocker passenger pedestals look like the most dangerous, precarious things I've ever seen. I can't imagine perching someone up on that thing.
I had concerns about it too, so I climbed up on the thing with both feet and jumped up and down as hard as I could. Did the same thing with my larger fabricated replacement seat. Like I said, me and the ol' lady are in a good enough place that it would be danged hard to replace her.

If you take an up close look at them, the Rocker passenger seat supports are as strong as the usual Harley fender supporting brackets, which normally bear the passenger weight.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:03 PM
nawlinsjerry
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Warp Factor
I've gotten as far as mocking up some brackets in wood and cardboard.

I'm guessing that the pictures you've shown wouldn't give enough clearance for full suspension compression though, unless that bike is already lowered. With full suspension travel, the passenger seat's kinda going to need to be hanging out in space.

I've thought about filling in the gap with some leather fringe, or small bags, but haven't gotten around to trying either yet.

Got where you're coming from though. It would be really nice to have a custom solo seat, and be able to attach a passenger seat in two minutes with only four bolts.
How much travel does the rear wheel have? I can only imagine it needing the same clearance any other softail fender would give. The touring struts are just SO high.

Old 09-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nawlinsjerry
How much travel does the rear wheel have? I can only imagine it needing the same clearance any other softail fender would give. The touring struts are just SO high.
Harley lists travel at 3.1 inches.
Measuring just now, it looks like about 2.5 inches would do it, but the bike was on the ground, I didn't take into account (and don't know) how much the bumpstops can compress, and how much other flex might be in the system.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:22 PM
Kris HD Rocker
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is how I have solve the problem with Passenger seat! My wife has no more complaints about her seat! My idea and hand made by my friend!!! It works the same way as treak seat...

Attached Thumbnails Passenger seat for Rocker-314047_303933423035332_1109924801_n-1-.jpg   Passenger seat for Rocker-487738_303933856368622_204144553_n-1-.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Brangardjr (03-29-2023)
Old 09-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Kris HD Rocker
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Some more pics...

Attached Thumbnails Passenger seat for Rocker-523434_303933933035281_1318537515_n-1-.jpg   Passenger seat for Rocker-417483_303932703035404_833705559_n-1-.jpg   Passenger seat for Rocker-391446_303934003035274_1159319828_a-1-.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Passenger seat for Rocker