Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Softail Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.

P

Old 05-16-2009, 05:03 PM
R.I.P. BROTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRacer View Post
Chazmanian,

These are the best photos I have. I run a LaBriola pedal but I wanted the shifter mounted further forward than a Grandeur, so this was my approach. I ended up fabricating my own mounting bracket and used a linkage from a Dyna.
I wish I was crafty like you. My crafty levels stop way short of fabbing my own shifter mounts.

I envy yer' skill and yer' shifter!!

Solid work there. I dig it.

Ye' Olde Train. 95" of Fuggin Fury Spewing Angst Thru' Rinehart Pipe, LA Jockey Shiftered, Spoked, Slammed. Life Is Good, Hawg It All Up!!
Old 05-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Banned

I have the entire Labriola package, I have had it a couple of years, works great, I just elimiated the horn.
Attached Thumbnails
Here are the pics of my tank shift.-solo-seat-003.jpg   Here are the pics of my tank shift.-solo-seat-004.jpg   Here are the pics of my tank shift.-suicide-005.jpg  
Old 05-16-2009, 07:59 PM
R.I.P. BROTHER

Thats the one I want. 6-8 week wait. I love the look of that shifter!!

Thats 6-8 weeks even though I'm a local live 45 minutes from the LaBriola shop and can stop by the shop and schmooze the owner!!

Make that 10 weeks if I attempt any schmoozing.

When I offered lots of photos and good advertising on this forum he told me "I already have a guy that posts photos".

Thanks Bastid!!

Needless to say thats the shifter for me. Thinking I will wait it out and get the one that I know I want. That one above!!

Ye' Olde Train. 95" of Fuggin Fury Spewing Angst Thru' Rinehart Pipe, LA Jockey Shiftered, Spoked, Slammed. Life Is Good, Hawg It All Up!!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

I havent used the camera in a couple of years. Went to take more pics, got a couple crapy ones and the battery died. I guess i will take more tommorow. The Labriola is worth the wait. I have it on the 06 springer. I love how smooth a jockey shifter is, I was thinking of putting it on the cross bones, but it would be opposite shifting, I may be better off getting another tank shifter. It is a bit slopier than a jockey, which is more direct.
Attached Thumbnails
Here are the pics of my tank shift.-tank-shifter-002.jpg  
Old 05-16-2009, 09:29 PM
R.I.P. BROTHER

I want the tank shifter so I dont hafta reach back, can ride my old lady better (I think) Looks a bit more old school IMO and I like the thought of reraching down with my thumb if I can reach it and hitting the next gear up or down.

I dont like the thought of sloppy though?

How sloppy we talking bout Bastid?

Old 05-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Banned

Jockey shifters are really smooth. With the tank shifter, you have to hold a tiny bit of pressure on the shift know, (taking up and slack and freeplay) just before shifting. Believe me, if I couldn't shift smoothly, I would get rid of it today and get a jockey. I find nuetral really easy. With the tank you push forward to upshift, with a jockey you push back to upshift.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:11 AM
Road Master

I must admit the Grandeur is a SMOOTH shifter with no sloppiness. Because I'm like Crazy, if it's sloppy it's gone. The Labriola clutch is smooth also, but it just takes a little dialing in to get it to your own personel needs.

08 Cross Bones/Tank shift & foot clutch/sidecar/
V&H Fuel Pak/Ness Big Sucker/ V&H Straight Shots

Ride fast or stay home
Coyote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:11 AM

P

Tags
bones, cross, crossbones, davidson, evo, flathead, harley, installation, kit, kits, labriola, shift, shifter, softail, tank