Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tsukayu fairing with stereo

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:47 PM
nlando
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone with a Tsukayu fairing?

Anyone here have this unit? I am considering buying a fairing for the long trips, and wanted to hear from those that may have bought one. Price seems good compared to the competition.

Chime in if you have it!

Last edited by nlando; 05-06-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 AM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope but I just installed a Wide Open Custom Plastics fairing on my Heritage with Sony Stereo and speakers. Nice unit and can't beat their prices.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:31 PM
nlando
Tourer

Originally Posted by keno
Nope but I just installed a Wide Open Custom Plastics fairing on my Heritage with Sony Stereo and speakers. Nice unit and can't beat their prices.
I looked at their site, and wasn't sure about the quality, as it is not made out of fiberglass. How is the fit and finish? Do they paint to match? Their website doesn't give many details.

Thanks

Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 PM
km@c
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nlando
Anyone here have this unit? I am considering buying a fairing for the long trips, and wanted to hear from those that may have bought one. Price seems good compared to the competition.

Chime in if you have it!
I've got the Tsukayu on my 05 Heritage. Couldn't be happier with the results. I did change the 6.5 speakers to Polk marine grade. Pics are in my album. If you'd like more, send me a P.M. with your e-mail and I'll send you some pics

Last edited by km@c; 05-07-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:33 PM
keno
Road Master

I looked at their site, and wasn't sure about the quality, as it is not made out of fiberglass. How is the fit and finish? Do they paint to match? Their website doesn't give many details.

Thanks
Quality is fine. If you think about it, most all auto bumpers are made out of ABS Plastic. They don't come painted. I went to a local auto paint supply store and gave him my Harley paint name "dark blue pearl" and he printed out the paint scheme. I took that to a local auto body paint shop and he mixed and painted it for 250 bucks. Perfect match.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 PM
nlando
Tourer

Originally Posted by keno
Quality is fine. If you think about it, most all auto bumpers are made out of ABS Plastic. They don't come painted. I went to a local auto paint supply store and gave him my Harley paint name "dark blue pearl" and he printed out the paint scheme. I took that to a local auto body paint shop and he mixed and painted it for 250 bucks. Perfect match.
Is the system powerful enough for when out on the open road? I have V&H duals and they are loud. I am concerned that it may not be loud enough to actually hear it with decent sound.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 AM
keno
Road Master

Is the system powerful enough for when out on the open road? I have V&H duals and they are loud. I am concerned that it may not be loud enough to actually hear it with decent sound.
I was skeptical too, but I can hear it fine at full speed and I am running V&H Big Shot Staggereds. For an extra 100 bucks I opted for their upgraded Marine Sony stereo and Sony speakers. Comes with 4 speakers.

Last edited by keno; 05-08-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:02 PM
SMLRoadking
2nd Gear

I have a Tsukayu Fairing on my 2005 FLHRCI.

I got it 2 months ago, have been extremely pleased with it. Just made a trip from Louisiana to Phoenix AZ (3000+mi total). Really enjoyed having the fairing. My intentions were to switch back to windshield for everyday use, but I will leave the fairing on.

I am 100% deaf in my left ear but can still hear the radio pretty good up to 70-80mph. Love the USB Memory stick input. The Volume control that goes on the handle bars quit lowering volume, I sent Tsukayu an email and they sent me another with no hassle.

Ordered with Stock 5" windshield, lots of buffeting for me. Replaced it with a 12" bought on EBAY, 12" does not look as good, but function wins for me.

I am sure most of the aftermarket fairings are pretty good, I chose Tsukayu strickly because of price. I was real impressed with quality, my wife works at a body shop and the painter that painted it said it took very little prep for painting.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:02 AM
dillonpeewee
4th Gear
Default Tsukayu

Just got one in. looks great. have not put it on am having it painted. best price i found

Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 PM
arjr
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Bump and question

Bumping this thread to ask a question about this fairing.

Seriously considering the Tsukayu GPS fairing for my 04 Heritage Classic.

Just wondering how the field of vision is with it, specifically on the heritage softail?

I really do not like looking through the stock windshield especially in the rain, and don't like the amount of wind buffetting when it is removed....took a demo ride on a streetglide and really liked the (limited) feel of the wind and the field of vision over the top of the fairing.

Not sure how the Tsukayu field of vision mounted on a Heritage compares with the SG.

txs.

Last edited by arjr; 06-11-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Tsukayu fairing with stereo