Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

putting true duals on Heritage classic

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:53 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

my stock deluxe pipes had a crossover, and IMO they looked like SH*T!!!! and my ride is a 09'

Old 05-15-2009, 10:10 PM
Slowpoke84
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stand corrected. It's built in to the support bracket. I've had slip-on mufflers since I bought mine, so it's capped off.

Ya learn somethin' new everyday.

Last edited by Slowpoke84; 05-15-2009 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:15 PM
jakejohn
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
my stock deluxe pipes had a crossover, and IMO they looked like SH*T!!!! and my ride is a 09'
I just picked up my 09 Deluxe today.I had to go into the garage and see for myself if there was a cross over.Damned thing looks like some sort of black bracket but its there and it is a cross over.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:30 PM
HOGBOB
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have V&H True Duals, with Q/baffles. Love the look and sound. My bike runs great. If I lost any performance I can't tell.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:04 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it is a black pipe that goes from one to the other on all new bikes. they are cross over on 07 and newer and i am sure they are on older ones too.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:13 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xtnctss
I love the look and sound of the true duals with either the fishtails or tapered tips. I have a basically stock 2003 FLSTCI. I have the bag guard bars on. I plan to add passenger floorboards as well.

I've seen a couple brands but would be interested in knowing more about who makes complete sets (head pipes and mufflers, etc.) and any thoughts on which are the best and price points. If anyone is willing to share their thoughts, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks.
http://www.harley-performance.com/harley-exhaust.html
check this out

Old 05-16-2009, 01:17 AM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell I've lost some bottom end with my Samsons, but I figure I can gain some back easy enough with a cam change and a good dyno.

For the looks and sound, I'm willing to do that. But then, I'm a guy who doesn't ride a number, I ride a bike that is just the way I want it. Well, okay, almost the way I want it!

Old 05-16-2009, 01:37 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Originally Posted by xtnctss
I love the look and sound of the true duals with either the fishtails or tapered tips. I have a basically stock 2003 FLSTCI. I have the bag guard bars on. I plan to add passenger floorboards as well.

I've seen a couple brands but would be interested in knowing more about who makes complete sets (head pipes and mufflers, etc.) and any thoughts on which are the best and price points. If anyone is willing to share their thoughts, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Thanks.
One thing to add... I like the look of the Samson true duals. But do keep in mind that Vance and Hines typically manufactures Performance Pipes... As for product quality, performance and customer service Vance and Hines rate among the highest. Oh yea... The V&H pipes have replaceable tips so if you bump one against the curb you just need to replace the tip.
Good Luck.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:16 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can gain some torque back by using the quiet baffles... they add a little back pressure.

But since I am not street racing a heritage.... what does it matter.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Reino_79
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do V&H have the one piece heat shield on both sides like samson has, for the headers? I dont believe they do and if not that is deffinately a plus for the samson. Also, by adding tips to pipes like someone suggested your taking away that flowing one pieve look and not adding a joint. Not exactly the look Id want.

Quick Reply: putting true duals on Heritage classic