Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

value of '03 Softail Standard FXSTI Pearl White

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 04:26 PM
vettemed
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default value of '03 Softail Standard FXSTI Pearl White

Hi, I'm very new to the bike world (first post here, actually). I've been a vette guy for a while, and I've been offered a trade on one of my vettes.

The trade is for a 2003 Softail Standard FXSTI in Pearl White, with just under 10K miles on it. There's a letter from HD stating that only 88 of these were made in this color. Supposedly in excellent condition, with no problems.

What's the estimation on the value of this bike? Any thoughts appreciated!

Last edited by vettemed; 05-17-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is indeed a rarity. I havent ever seen a factory pearl white FXST...

But that dosent change much. Its no biggie to paint one and its not going to add anything to the value of a 2003 Softail. Great bike but its a buyers market. All sellers from Craigslist to the snooiest Big time Big City Harley store are taking hits right now to move bikes.

Is this the bike?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-...1%7C240%3A1318

I'm assuming it is. My guess is anything over $10,000 is gonna be money spent absolutely emotionally! Not rationally. The bikes claim to fame is that its white. Cool but?

If you love it let your emotions lead the way! Which isnt always a bad thing.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:37 PM
vettemed
Stage IV

Well, here's the thing -- I'm not a bike guy -- I don't even know how to ride, and I honestly don't even have much interest at this point.

This would really be a trade of convenience that would allow me to recover storage space taken up by one of my vettes, while still in theory retaining at least as much value of the vette.

I'm not sure if this is totally flawed logic or not -- again, I'm not a bike guy, and I'd basically be putting it up for sale as soon as I get it, if I go through with the transaction.

FWIW, the vette is probably worth about $11K to the right buyer, but those buyers are few and far between right now -- I'm getting offers in the 8K range.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:51 PM
Fightn_Tiger
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that bike should get you 8k if you decide to sell later

Old 05-17-2009, 06:09 PM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sold my 03 anniversary model last winter. 10,000 miles, pristine condition, somewhat rare gun-metal blue color, carburated. $9,200. About the same amount HD was working on a trade with me. I think if someone is hot on that color, you may get a little more (depending on condition). All day long you should be able to get $7,500-$8,500. Maybe you could have him throw a little cash in with the trade. Hope this helps.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:23 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

tell me about the vette

Old 05-17-2009, 06:33 PM
vettemed
Stage IV

Originally Posted by tlb
tell me about the vette
1994 Arctic White Coupe, 39K miles

Gray Sport Seat leather interior - excellent shape other than slight scuffing of driver's side bolster. NO cracks or tears.

383 with Approx 5K miles on it - LT4 hotcam, 1.6RR, Ported Lt1 heads/intake. Emissions legal - all equipment intact. Car was smogged in NY prior to my purchasing it.

ZF6 with Hurst Shifter, fresh fluid, Centerforce clutch installed when 383 was built. Single mass flywheel was installed at that time, so there's some gear rattle from the transmission at idle.

Stock exhaust
Updated Optispark with 5k miles on it
'96 Collector Edition wheels
ZR-1 13" brakes (not the red powdercoated ones in the pics, please note).
Lowered approximately 1"
Pioneer headunit/Amp/RE 8" Subs in factory locations, CDT components in front locations.
Entire interior was stripped out in order to install insulation kit to reduce heat and noise.

Paint is in beautiful shape, wheels are nearly perfect (one out of the 4 has a scratch in the paint, the others are nearly flawless).

Old 05-17-2009, 07:12 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

that is really nice car, where are you located? I am looking for something for my daughters 16th birthday.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:21 PM
vettemed
Stage IV

Originally Posted by tlb
that is really nice car, where are you located? I am looking for something for my daughters 16th birthday.
I'm in Boynton Beach, FL (just south of West Palm Beach). Outright asking price is $11,000 obo.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well the Vette seems high and the bike guy is high as well.

The bike may hold its value a little better than the Vette over the next coupla years.

3 years from now if the bike is pristine it will still bring 6.5K to the "Right Guy". That after you riding it for those 3 years.

Will your Vette do 6.5K 3 years from now?

I say no.

Cool Vette though.

Last edited by Chazmanian; 05-19-2009 at 12:14 AM.

Quick Reply: value of '03 Softail Standard FXSTI Pearl White