Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easy Brackets (for saddlebags)

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 AM
soulman
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Brackets (for saddlebags)

Looking for first hand experience from someone who has had these or the Ghost Brackets on their bike.
I'm wondering how secure the bags/brackets are when locked in place. My OEM bags mount with 3 bolt locations and are sturdy as a rock but taking them off is a PITA. Since it's time to buy new bags, I'm thinking about the easy on, easy off type brackets this time around.
Thanks
-steve

Old 05-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the easy-brackets and they are the finest thing since bubblegum IMHO, really secure and 30 second removal and install. You need hard backed bags.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:04 AM
I8SMK4U
Tourer

They are awsome. The Key only comes out when the lock is in the LOCKED position so you can't, forget to lock them. Easy intstallation. The part the bolts onto the bag has a big plate on it. Highly recomended. My ride is a daily driver and I always have them weighed down. The only thing I found thats no big deal is that the bottom of the bag rests on my chrome axle covers.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:35 AM
spikehyre
Road Master

Simple....I mean really simple installation and a quater turn of the key and the bag is off. Great for traveling....beats dropping your clean skivvies in an oil spot in a motel parking lot......less of course you are trying to keep your lady from stepping in the oil....chivalry lives.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:37 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Positives are:
Fast on / off (under a minute)
Lock on the bike
Well made
EZ install

Negatives are:
Mounts the bags out from the bike about 1"
If you dont make a bottom support bracket to go with them there will be a litte movement on the bags because of the design (not as solid as a bolt on )

Overall if you plan on having your bags off as much as on these are great. I ride about 20 % of the time with my bags so the EZ Brackets are great for me , I am very happy with mine.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:41 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

I don't have them but a couple of my buddies do, and they are killer. Were I to put saddlebags on my bike I would get them in a heartbeat.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:51 AM
kavika420
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my 09 Heritage.. They have a part that works with the detachable backrest.. Very easy install, and now I can strip her down in less then a minute. Great product.. also great customer service. I had bought the wrong part for my Sportster, called them up and they send out the correct docking hardware Free of Charge! Amazing.. I wouldn't look at anything else when I wanted to get something for my Heritage.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
softail04
Road Master

I have the ez brackets and they are great I use the thro over bags I had and just cut off the cross strap that the wife used to sit on. yes they do mount them a little away from the bike but only use them when traveling so who cars ez on and ez off and only two stud per side left to show..

Old 05-18-2009, 10:18 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair of large Auburn Leather saddlebags mounted on my Deluxe with the Easy Brackets. I like 'em...but, like someone else posted, they do stand the bags off the fender a bit...then again, it's more 'bout utility than looks for me. A piece of advice on mountin 'em on yer bags...lay one out where ya want it, mark and drill the holes, bolt it to the bag, and make sure it's just where ya want it when ya put it on the bike. Then, remove the bracket from the saddlebag, put the saddlebags back-to-back and trace the holes to the other bag...perfect alignment bag to bag everytime.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:21 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't forget to take a look at barebacks from cycle visions...

I personally (looks wise) like them best out of the three.

http://www.cyclevisions.com/bag-mounting/barebacks/

Quick Reply: Easy Brackets (for saddlebags)