Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 2013 Heritage Classic and I don't like it.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 08:14 PM
tonygermano2
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Just bought a 2013 Heritage Classic and I don't like it.

I LOVE It!!!! Have had only and multiple tourers in the HD lineup both road kings and street glides. Got rid of the most recent one and picked up a metric. Well I got the itch and realized that no matter i ride and how much I think I like it, I have HD in my blood. For me it's the only way I truly enjoy riding. I'm not a metric or other brand hater and think they make some awesome bikes. Rode about 20 miles alongside a newer Indian Chief yesterday and it is surely a masterpiece.
But for me there is just something about the HD.

So i got the itch and realize it won't stop until I scratch. So I've been going. To the dealer and looking at Craigslist and classifieds and eBay's for a while. Ben looking at Street glides and RGs as my last Road King left me wanting. As we were going to the shop to look at a street glide that just came in, I caught a glimpse of a beautiful black heritage classic with the all of the customers stored bike. I never thought so, but I really dig the studs and the tassels and that well...classic look. I asked if I could just look and thebsales girl saidnsure and that that particular bike was for sale as the customer bought a new one and they just hadn't gotten it shined up and on the floor yet. I looked it over and with 4400 miles it was in very nice shape. Had Vance and hikes long shots and a scream in eagle 🦅 breather with stage one, both keys and a full cover. So without ever having ridden it, or any softail or any other Harley other than tourers, we struck a deal.

I got nervous as I started looking for seating options like a tall boy or custom to give my long legs more room. Can't really find any options but bought a used seat off eBay figuring I will send it to mean city for some working. Also still waiting for a soft brake +2 brake pedal, floorboard relocator and longer flororbaord that I bought off this forum to afcomadte my 35 inch inseam and 13 shoes.
But I couldn't wait. So yesterday I got out for a nice 35 mile jaunt. It felt okay. Yes cramped but I could manage.
Today I was out all day. Didn't tell the wife I was taking the day off and sent the kids to daycare. After a couple of errands I got out at about 1030. After that out about 250 to 300 in the saddle. All I can say is I wish I would have bought a softail years ago. It just feels so much easier to handle than the tourers. its not to tall like the RK and it doesn't feel like it's a chore everytime you want to ride it around at city speeds like the Street glide. Even got stuck in an accident on the highway and behind a harvester in backroad and it was not a chore. The most impressive thing for me is even after all the mile in the past two days I don't have the awful tailbone burn I'm prone to get. That has me so psyched. I can't wait to get the extended brake and and shifter levers and move the floorboards forward a couple of inches as I think it will be perfect.
I'm just so psyched and impressed wItht he stock seat and sad I didn't get a softail 10 years ago. Hooray softail!

Old 07-03-2017, 08:14 PM
tonygermano2
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also God Bless America.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:19 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

The Heritage seat is very comfortable, it's sort of got a built in backrest. Congrats on the bike, pics or it didn't happen.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:25 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,131 Likes on 1,055 Posts

Congrats on the new bike... BUT PICS?

Old 07-03-2017, 08:35 PM
JustDave13
Extreme HDF Member

Received 15,090 Likes on 6,141 Posts

Originally Posted by tonygermano2
I LOVE It!!!! Have had only and multiple tourers in the HD lineup both road kings and street glides. Got rid of the most recent one and picked up a metric. Well I got the itch and realized that no matter i ride and how much I think I like it, I have HD in my blood. For me it's the only way I truly enjoy riding. I'm not a metric or other brand hater and think they make some awesome bikes. Rode about 20 miles alongside a newer Indian Chief yesterday and it is surely a masterpiece.
But for me there is just something about the HD.

So i got the itch and realize it won't stop until I scratch. So I've been going. To the dealer and looking at Craigslist and classifieds and eBay's for a while. Ben looking at Street glides and RGs as my last Road King left me wanting. As we were going to the shop to look at a street glide that just came in, I caught a glimpse of a beautiful black heritage classic with the all of the customers stored bike. I never thought so, but I really dig the studs and the tassels and that well...classic look. I asked if I could just look and thebsales girl saidnsure and that that particular bike was for sale as the customer bought a new one and they just hadn't gotten it shined up and on the floor yet. I looked it over and with 4400 miles it was in very nice shape. Had Vance and hikes long shots and a scream in eagle �� breather with stage one, both keys and a full cover. So without ever having ridden it, or any softail or any other Harley other than tourers, we struck a deal.

I got nervous as I started looking for seating options like a tall boy or custom to give my long legs more room. Can't really find any options but bought a used seat off eBay figuring I will send it to mean city for some working. Also still waiting for a soft brake +2 brake pedal, floorboard relocator and longer flororbaord that I bought off this forum to afcomadte my 35 inch inseam and 13 shoes.
But I couldn't wait. So yesterday I got out for a nice 35 mile jaunt. It felt okay. Yes cramped but I could manage.
Today I was out all day. Didn't tell the wife I was taking the day off and sent the kids to daycare. After a couple of errands I got out at about 1030. After that out about 250 to 300 in the saddle. All I can say is I wish I would have bought a softail years ago. It just feels so much easier to handle than the tourers. its not to tall like the RK and it doesn't feel like it's a chore everytime you want to ride it around at city speeds like the Street glide. Even got stuck in an accident on the highway and behind a harvester in backroad and it was not a chore. The most impressive thing for me is even after all the mile in the past two days I don't have the awful tailbone burn I'm prone to get. That has me so psyched. I can't wait to get the extended brake and and shifter levers and move the floorboards forward a couple of inches as I think it will be perfect.
I'm just so psyched and impressed wItht he stock seat and sad I didn't get a softail 10 years ago. Hooray softail!
Congrats, I have close to 33k on mine. I mostly ride without the shield or back rest.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:47 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

I put 30K on my 2011 Heritage in 2 1/2 years 90% 2 up. It was the second best Harley I ever owned. Best riding bike I ever owned. Some days I miss it.

Old 07-03-2017, 09:52 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,857 Likes on 4,111 Posts

Welcome to the forum from central Texas. Congrats on the new to you Heritage. We like pics or we assume you're riding a Vespa .

I miss upstate NY. Grew up on Long Island and spent eight great years in Ithaca.

Old 07-03-2017, 10:07 PM
NCBANDIT
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

LoL!! You definitely fooled me with the title. Congrats!! Softails are nice rides indeed.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:21 PM
Pete3323
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

The stock Heritage seat is the most comfortable HD ever made. Enjoy the ride ����

Old 07-04-2017, 06:41 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Congratulations

Quick Reply: Just bought a 2013 Heritage Classic and I don't like it.