Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebags for Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 05:43 PM
jlandis874
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddlebags for Fatboy

I did a search for this topic but did not find an answer. I want to put bags on my 09 Fatboy. I don't like the bags that are designed to use with the shotgun exhaust. I want some that go down lower. I have V&H BSS on the bike so the shotgun exhaust isn't an issue. I like sixe of the Heritage bags but I don't want any studs on them. Anyone have any opinions?? I've looked at the synthetic bags but would rather have leather. I would really like some inout from people with bags on there Fatboy or anyone else who can help out. Thanks.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:52 PM
wils5150
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 98 fatboy and to me heritage bags looked the best. found some on ebay for $300

Old 05-27-2009, 05:53 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ironbags are pricey, but you get what you pay for.
They start off with the plain bag and you can option it out any way you want. They also can be ordered to clear your rear signals, so you wont have to relocate them.
I've had mine for 2-1/2 years and I'm happy with them.
http://www.ironbags.com/
Tom

Old 05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
BigSeaDaddy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with leatherworks and they are some of the best bags leather bags I have seen. I went with them when I was checking out a friends. The leather they use is very thick and keeps the shape very well. The customer service is top notch and they will work and do just about anything that you want. Give them a call and they will send a catalog that has more bags then the website.

I went with a smaller bag then I normally would and opted for long straps that way when I need the extra room I can strap on one of their round bags on top and go. My wife likes it this way because she uses the round bags as arm rests when we are on trips.

Good Luck

Old 05-27-2009, 06:04 PM
wallyn
Road Captain

Look for removable mounts for the FATBOY. I have the Bareback mounts on my Fatboy but am using the smaller fatboy bag. For the Heritage size bag you may want to look for the beefier Easy Brackets.

The removable brackets are awesome so you can change the look of your bike in minutes.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:55 PM
RobbAR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Boss bags on my 08 they are easy to take off and they have several sizes...pricey but they do come with the quick disconnects if you want to take them off..they also have plain ones with no studs

Old 05-27-2009, 08:30 PM
redbone62
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i do see sum leather bags that look good but thay never where my thing i will have hard bags on my 03 fatboy by saterday and post up pics for you but i know you dont like the bracket i do have sum bags off my bike for sale 200 brand new harley bags

Old 05-27-2009, 08:35 PM
JR Ryder
Tourer

+1 on the Boss Bags.... I don't have mine yet, but research is leading me in that direction.....

http://www.bossbags.com/

Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I have Osprey "Bull Bags" on my bike . They are much larger than the HD Bags, they measure 21 long by 7 wide by 13 deep and are the largest bags you can fit without relocating the turn signals on a Fatboy. Great quality and price with EZ Brackets starts at less than $ 500 including shipping.

Attached Thumbnails Saddlebags for Fatboy-1.jpg   Saddlebags for Fatboy-11.jpg   Saddlebags for Fatboy-fairingback.jpg   Saddlebags for Fatboy-fairingside.jpg   Saddlebags for Fatboy-fatboybags.jpg  

Old 05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,930 Likes on 1,914 Posts

Plenty of good choices for bags. Search ebay for the high dollar bags and see if you can find a deal. That is what I would do. Patience usually pays off. Then use the free ebay sniper(google it) to win the auction.

Quick Reply: Saddlebags for Fatboy