Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rigid mounted fender to a softail swingarm

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 11:59 AM
wjoshuaadams
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I can't figure out how to post pics here. Go to my page and look at my album. there are three pics posted there.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great Looking XB....
it looks like you have more tire/fender clearance than I do....
and I have no issues with fender contact..

Old 09-26-2009, 03:29 PM
cammy5477
Road Captain

Originally Posted by wjoshuaadams
I just installed my shadetree rear fender and it's a little shady. The top mount wants to slide to the left and rub on the right side of my tire. And the bottom mount...well I'm nervous it will come loose. The bolts, holes, and bottom of the swing arm don't line up well for a proper, snug fit. I'm going to weld it on tomorrow unless someone has a remedy.

J
im hearing ya bro.......it took me a while to get mine locked down to the point were im ok with it......if i were you id weld that bitch in place......mr shadetree has turned out to be mr shady.......

Old 09-26-2009, 11:51 PM
j33ptj
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 81 Posts

So funny, here there are rocker owners changing the fenders to fixed ones and softail customs to the rocker look... hahaha!

Old 10-21-2010, 10:32 PM
bzoerb
Stage II
Default fender mount

OK this is what I'm doing to the rear of my 2007 softail springer. I removed my rear fender of course and seat reposition my ecm on the back of my oil tank (welded a bracket to fits great) for the fender I used a twisted choppers 7.25 rear point cut fender http://www.twistedchoppers.com/produ...urpage=3&id=18

placed it exactly where I wanted it to be position and welded brackets to the back of the swing arm when I was done with that I decided I would weld some curved 7/8 round bar from swing arm to fender as kick *** struts. Now with that done I had to take care of the gap between the seat and fender since I did not want to run a spring seat, I ended up bending and welding 7/8 round bar for the back seat rest just like on the occ blackwidow bike except I did not make it look like a web
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...widow_bike.htm
Also, I chopped my frame and put a 45 degree rake with a 1 inch uptube and 1 inch backbone stretch. Almost done, then I will post pictures. Also, the shadetree fabractions is nice but why spend $800 on 2 clamps and a fender? You could buy your own fender and weld it on or have someone weld it on alot cheaper than that.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:37 PM
bzoerb
Stage II
Default forgot

Also, forgot to add I had to make a new seat pan of course , so what I did was make that out of fiberglass so I could get exactly what I wanted. With the the new frame dimesions I also had to get a new custom springer made

Old 10-21-2010, 10:53 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get air ride bro she will hug the wheel when dropped

Old 10-22-2010, 06:14 AM
JakesDad1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bzoerb
You could buy your own fender and weld it on or have someone weld it on alot cheaper than that.
Nice job!!!! What you have done is where I'm going. I have the fender and am ordering the welder. How exactly did you attach the fender to the swingarm???

Old 10-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,202 Likes on 5,397 Posts

I see custom bikes all the time that mount the seat like a rigid and the seat flexes with the fender...looks cool...I can't imagine it being comfortable or the seat lasting long before it has wrinkles.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:45 AM
HarleyCanada
Tourer

I ordered all my stuff through Panic cycle, they have a fender kit, and you can order the sissy bar seperate. I have all the things to do it sitting in my garage for my winter project. I will post picks when i get it under way. Really interested on where guys relocated the ECM?. I will be running a spring seat style set up on it (Ordered from V-Twin MFG).

Quick Reply: rigid mounted fender to a softail swingarm