Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train with Floor Boards

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Night Train with Floor Boards

Just wondering if anyone has put floor boards on their Night Train? Ever seen a NT with them????

Old 07-14-2009, 04:45 PM
GunmetalBlueNT
Banned

I used to have it. Looks good, very comfortable too.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say sacrilege. Those FX forks and small front fender would look odd with boards IMO. I've never seen it so maybe it will suprise me?

Old 07-14-2009, 06:52 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Wink

Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
I say sacrilege. Those FX forks and small front fender would look odd with boards IMO. I've never seen it so maybe it will suprise me?

+1 on the sacrilege...I've said before, floorboards, windshields, saddlebags and similar **** has no business on a Train...it's like putting a sweatsuit on Angelina Jolie...it's practical, and it might make her more warm and comfortable, but WTF are you THINKING??

Old 07-15-2009, 07:26 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

That similar **** is all detachable, and if it enables someone to ride more, more power to 'em.

I had passenger footboards on my bike until last week. I liked the look, and the passengers liked the comfort.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:26 AM
GunmetalBlueNT
Banned

Actually I run an inverted Marucchi fork setup with an 18x3.5 rim and a 130mm wide front tire on my NT with a street stalker front fender. It also has a detachable windshield, and it used to have floorboards. It looked slick. SLicker than 99% of the NT's you see kickin around. I since added billet fordward controls to change things up a bit, but I still have my running boards in a box and may put em back on. I have yet to see a NT on this forum that looks anywhere near as sleek as my ride personally.......

Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GunmetalBlueNT
Actually I run an inverted Marucchi fork setup with an 18x3.5 rim and a 130mm wide front tire on my NT with a street stalker front fender. It also has a detachable windshield, and it used to have floorboards. It looked slick. SLicker than 99% of the NT's you see kickin around. I since added billet fordward controls to change things up a bit, but I still have my running boards in a box and may put em back on. I have yet to see a NT on this forum that looks anywhere near as sleek as my ride personally.......
Please show us the sleek night train you speek of....... I beg to differ!!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:40 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member

Originally Posted by GunmetalBlueNT
I have yet to see a NT on this forum that looks anywhere near as sleek as my ride personally.......

Agree, we gotta see this ride!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:43 AM
GunmetalBlueNT
Banned

Gladly:

And its ALL motor too. A 114"(4.25" bore, 4" stroke) TC putting down 160hp/140tq. Modified 6 speed SE tranny with 3.48 primary gearing. Mods to the engine, body etc are pretty extensive. THese arent even very good pics of it. Gas tank was cut in half with a plasma cutter and rewelded by myself and blended into the seat. All work done by my own hands except the for the heads(Cycle-rama), case boring and timken conversion(RR cycles) and crank was knife edged, plugged welded, trued and balanced(darkhorse crankworks).

Last edited by GunmetalBlueNT; 07-15-2009 at 08:48 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member

OK...my idea was building my bike into a Night Train until I get my new tins from HD. I have a guy that will sell me his rear fender including the struts. So it would be a simple plug and play there. And front fenders are pretty easy to come by. I have a head light laying in the garage.....just me thinking out loud again..lol

I would not want to take my floor boards off or modify them in any way.

What do you guys think???

Quick Reply: Night Train with Floor Boards