Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Front Turn Signal wiring

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 01:00 PM
RocketRocker
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh yeah - if your looking for some clamps Kuryakyn 49mm two piece fork mount clamps fit perfect, you will need to find some bolts though the ones that come with it are to large and do not sit flush against the forks. I ended up using the stock blinkers and just buzzed the top of the bolt heads with a dremel, if your into that.

Old 08-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Franklin356
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I now have my wiring harness with all six wires disconnected from the plug under the right side of the tank. Anyone know how to separate the wires from the harness clip so as to avoid the cutting and splicing?

2009 Rocker C Vivid Black

Old 08-29-2009, 05:25 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Franklin356
I now have my wiring harness with all six wires disconnected from the plug under the right side of the tank. Anyone know how to separate the wires from the harness clip so as to avoid the cutting and splicing?

2009 Rocker C Vivid Black
yes this is kinda of a pita until you get the hang of it
get a pik or large paperclip & shove into where wire goes
until you hear/feel a snap the pull wire
it takes a little getin used to but once ya get one yer home free
good luck mon

Old 08-29-2009, 05:56 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

oops you mean all the wires together ?not disconnecting from deutch

Old 08-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Franklin356
1st Gear

Got it! There are two slots; one lower slot containing the metal terminal and an upper slot that appears blank. The paper clip goes into the blank one and with a bit of prying once you feel the tab, the wire pulls right out. Thanks.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:17 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

got it yer on yer way post some pics along the way if possible
yerwelcome!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:01 AM
DevilDogg
Tourer

Or you can just make life simplier on your and ditch the front turn signals all together like I did.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:02 PM
mfeijo
Novice

Originally Posted by DevilDogg
Or you can just make life simplier on your and ditch the front turn signals all together like I did.
I don't blame ya. I am riding only with the LED arrays in the rear ( + head light) only and could ride just like that forever, but a few issues are: 1 - I feel the front blinker does help on 2 way highway left turns, 2 - My rear LEDs are always lit like the brake lights are on. I am assumiing it is because I have too much current on them, because there is no running lights in the front. This causes me to not have brake lights, and that is a BIG no-no. Must have brake lights! 3 - Cops!

But again, I totally dig it! Running without lights or mirrors in the front and loving it!

Old 08-20-2011, 08:01 AM
rockerz
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mfeijo
I don't blame ya. I am riding only with the LED arrays in the rear ( + head light) only and could ride just like that forever, but a few issues are: 1 - I feel the front blinker does help on 2 way highway left turns, 2 - My rear LEDs are always lit like the brake lights are on. I am assumiing it is because I have too much current on them, because there is no running lights in the front. This causes me to not have brake lights, and that is a BIG no-no. Must have brake lights! 3 - Cops!

But again, I totally dig it! Running without lights or mirrors in the front and loving it!
you just need to splice in a dual circuit module for the tail/ brake lights. It has 3 wires, the purpose is to keep the tail dimmer & brakes brighter. Go to chromeglow.com they have them.

I wired my LED plate, tail light & under frame blue lights to come on only at night with a switch. I wired my front mirrors with signals only no marker lights. Essentually in the day I only run my LED headlight.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:14 PM
RocketRocker
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heres another side note...the rear turn/brake/running lamps on the Rocker are 6v (go figure) took me some time to figure this out, if your going to add any LEDs to the bike it would be a very wise decision to purchase the Badlands Illuminator (made for the Rocker specifically), best investment I ever made. Three major benefits/purpose of the badlands: 1. Although, the ad states just for the rear - it load balances the whole bike 2. It converts any dual element bulb or LED to a run/brake/turn 3. It gets rid of the 2xblue diodes (heavily wrapped in insulation) and all the rear fender wiring down to a total of 4 wires for the rear fender. The 2 diodes is the MoCo jerry rig for a load impedence which is specific for the 6 volt LED's as I mentioned earlier. Bottom line...cut the two heavily insulated diodes off (cause they will burn up) and get the Badlands illuminator once installed you will never have a circuit problem as I did off and on for a year.

Quick Reply: Rocker Front Turn Signal wiring