Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker Front Turn Signal wiring

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 04:49 PM
mfeijo
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketRocker
Heres another side note...the rear turn/brake/running lamps on the Rocker are 6v (go figure) took me some time to figure this out, if your going to add any LEDs to the bike it would be a very wise decision to purchase the Badlands Illuminator (made for the Rocker specifically), best investment I ever made. Three major benefits/purpose of the badlands: 1. Although, the ad states just for the rear - it load balances the whole bike 2. It converts any dual element bulb or LED to a run/brake/turn 3. It gets rid of the 2xblue diodes (heavily wrapped in insulation) and all the rear fender wiring down to a total of 4 wires for the rear fender. The 2 diodes is the MoCo jerry rig for a load impedence which is specific for the 6 volt LED's as I mentioned earlier. Bottom line...cut the two heavily insulated diodes off (cause they will burn up) and get the Badlands illuminator once installed you will never have a circuit problem as I did off and on for a year.
No waaaaaaaay!!!!! 6 volts?? Am I back to building 60's VM bugs?? Freaking nightmare! That explain why the wires in the rear were about 2 gauge measures thinner then the front. No jk!

So you read my set up , right? The blue heat shrink wrapped piece that it supposed to send less voltage to the LED when its running light and more brighter) when it is break light wont work? This is what I am talking about: (pic)

Old 08-21-2011, 12:29 PM
mfeijo
Novice
Talking

Originally Posted by rockerz
you just need to splice in a dual circuit module for the tail/ brake lights. It has 3 wires, the purpose is to keep the tail dimmer & brakes brighter. Go to chromeglow.com they have them.

I wired my LED plate, tail light & under frame blue lights to come on only at night with a switch. I wired my front mirrors with signals only no marker lights. Essentually in the day I only run my LED headlight.

You are right and I bought that with the LEDs, and it was doing just what it was supposed to do. Turns out my whole issue was the front brake light switch. apparently an Achilles heel know to everyone but myself. I fixed mine by gluing a piece of velcro ( both sides, to be thicker) to the lever. Fixed it. Done.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 PM
DrRocker
Intermediate

Great post. Its this kind of info that makes this board invaluable to its members. I'm sure this will help me in my mods in the future too.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the info! I have been going thru this do-do with my rocker rear lights for over a year and have had to buy 2 of the crap lights (led and un repairable...not sure who in corporate came up with that idea...) to replace mine that stopped working. They cost 200 bucks each! and then to find out they are 6 volt...Ride safe

Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 PM
NorthRocker
Novice
Thumbs up

Very good post, thanks for all the info.

One question that I didn't see answered here though, or maybe I just missed it. If you only want to use the rear indicators as just the running and indicators, you shouldn't need to use the equalizer, correct? I've just wired mine up, got from chrome glow and they work as they should but I haven't taken it out of the shop yet as I'm still in the middle of some mods, front indicators being one of them.
Anyhow, thanks again.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a question too. Immplanning on removing my fronts also, I have a bad lands illumination (it's a black box) if I remember correctly.

My question is this, where do I install the illuminator ?

Which of the equalizers on this page can I use? I'm freaking horrendous when it comes to wiring!!!

http://www.chromeglow.com/index.asp?category=20956

Last edited by Alain; 05-08-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:29 AM
TalonIILM
Cruiser
Thumbs up Front Turn Signal Relocation

I went with the "extend wires at switch approach". A little soldering, a little heat shrink and bingo, job done... Used button heads to hold the mirrors on.
Goal - clean up bars... accomplished !!!

Attached Thumbnails Rocker Front Turn Signal wiring-cimg1040.jpg  
Old 05-11-2012, 09:05 AM
jayrocker
Cruiser

Great post guys thanks for the info on how to take the signal light harness apart I'm putting on my new set of bars and this is the kind of info and stuff I love to see on here thanks again

Rocker Jay

Old 04-06-2013, 02:16 AM
rollinhardkc13
Stage I

Originally Posted by mfeijo
No waaaaaaaay!!!!! 6 volts?? Am I back to building 60's VM bugs?? Freaking nightmare! That explain why the wires in the rear were about 2 gauge measures thinner then the front. No jk!

So you read my set up , right? The blue heat shrink wrapped piece that it supposed to send less voltage to the LED when its running light and more brighter) when it is break light wont work? This is what I am talking about: (pic)

Was gunna let anyone who needed to know that if u have a multi meter u can check voltage from OEM bulbs on run and brake and look for leds with that voltage rating. Deal with it slot with car & bike audio. Hope that quicky helped... I Really need some info on front running lites being relocated to the front foot pegs, if someone will point me the right way would really be greatful

Old 04-13-2014, 09:45 PM
HDFan0611
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RocketRocker
Oh yeah - if your looking for some clamps Kuryakyn 49mm two piece fork mount clamps fit perfect, you will need to find some bolts though the ones that come with it are to large and do not sit flush against the forks. I ended up using the stock blinkers and just buzzed the top of the bolt heads with a dremel, if your into that.
I been searching several threads…and found a lot of info…thanks…

But please provide the Kuryakyn 49mm two piece fork mount clamps part number if you have it.

Also any other clamps that will fit my Rocker C ?

Quick Reply: Rocker Front Turn Signal wiring